• Show
Clear All

WWGBD???

That is, What Would George Baily Do?
    [ame= ]YouTube - It's A Wonderful Life bank run (full version)[/ame]

Another lovely day for Dow....

WWGBD???

It is sure scary, isn't it Shelbs?
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

WWGBD???

I came home for lunch today and watched the Dow close and heard of the deal falling thru. What will happen next?????
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

WWGBD???

We will have to work until we die...that is if we have jobs.

Comment

WWGBD???

It's going to be scary for a while, and there will be some changes in "business as usual", but I think we'll be ok in the long run. I once asked my mother what it was like growing up during the Great Depression. She admitted that her family wasn't really affected because both of her parents had jobs (my grandmother was an original working Mom - always ahead of her time!).

I think (and here's my 2 cents' worth) that we'll come around as a society to some of the values our parents' generation espoused - hard work, sacrifice, a cash economy - buying what you can afford - and long term planning. It won't be easy, but will be ok in the long run. As for now, we should relax and focus on things like our families, our friends, our communities - the good stuff. Because if we spend 5 minutes thinking about money, we'd all go off on a binge (NOT GOOD). Of course I may have an ENTIRELY different post after I meet with our Merrill Lynch rep on Wednesday . . . .

Humbly,

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
          X