Thinking WAY more about alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there Slowly. I think about it but dont want it anymore. My thinking is more in terms of thank goodness I am not drinking any longer. However it has taken time to get to that point. At first it was still the obsesional thinking that I NEEDED a drink, then it was the time consuming thoughts of "am I craving alcohol or what else is troubling me?" What I am trying to say to you is that this is a process, we go through different phases as we recover. Most importantly, it does get easier. My weapons are the people here, supplements and remembering how bad I felt while drinking. Good luck, you can do this.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I am feeling so grateful to ALL of you right now..and again, I am hoping that at some point soon, I can throw that lifeline out to someone else who's as much in need as I am right now. I actually had two glasses of wine earlier this evening...and they've worn off....so I will get to go to bed sober and wake up feeling good ...I have nothing in the house to drink and I am not resorting to Draino....so I'm GOOD. I'm gonna read MWO again tonight and think of all of you and send love, hope and strength your way tonight...tomorrow's another day to be thankful for...thank you all....SS

Comment

Good going SS, keep that positve thinking and you will be fine hun
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Chief;427627 wrote: When you are in the beginning of "Beating The Beast", you think about drinking constantly......and you better be.
          Well said :applaud:
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hi SS,
            We are happy you are here. Sending positive thoughts all the way from Alaska!!!!:l
            :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hi there akgirl!! Right back at ya from PA!! Hope you're doing good tonight! I stumbled a little tonight but with help from you all I picked myself up real quick!!! Warm thoughts and hugs....SS

Comment

Slowly Sinking,
                Welcome and I hope to get to know you better. In my case, while drinking I had to think about having drink in the house when I came home from work, fitting that expense into an already stretched budget, thinking about ditching errands after work because it was more important to get home to AL, thinking about making sure I had enough to last the whole night and not run out (god forbid), thinking about not being able to drive anywhere after 7pm because I had already had too much to drink. In the first week or so I thought about alcohol but it was totally different. I thought about how much time I now had on my hands, I had to come up with ways to fill the time, I thought of how I missed AL and the numb feeling I got every night, I actually grieved the loss, but I never forgot how crappy my life had become before quitting. I guess Evie said it much more susinctly but the fact is the way you think about al changes when you stop and when you have strung some AF days under your belt the constant thoughts of AL will begin to subside. When you have some months behind you, they will almost cease to exist. I know everyone is different, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We all just need to keep our eye on the light. kriger
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey Kriger,

You described one of my days perfectly..except that I would take that chance after7pm sometimes to go out even if I'd already had too much. Yesterday, even though I poured that glass of wine, I stretched it out over a very long period and got up off the couch...I found so many things to do that I had been neglecting...yesterday, I started several projects trying to keep busy...now my house is a wreck and I have to fix these things !! Should keep my hands busy..fortunately, these don't involve power tools in the event that I slip up!

I'm gonna try AF today....and Congrats on your Aug AF date...that's wonderful...you must feel fantastic!!..SS

Comment

Hell, I dont just THINK more about it, Im DREAMING about it too!
                    Even my sub-conscious mind seems to obsess over it.
                    Last night I dreamt I won the lottery and got a swimming pool and was swimming in Chardonnay... dunno whether its anything to do with withdrawal, or being off the booze and sub-consciously yearning for it but it was a bloody weird dream!
                    Also, didnt even look that good either... I mean, who wants to be in a swimming pool that looks like you've weed in it?
                    lol
                    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

FUUNNNYYY!!! ONE WEEK AF!!! Congrats!! Outside of the wierd dreams, how are you feeling?? SS

Comment

SS.....don't "try" AF today......be AF today....

Oh, my references to flying are because I spent 20 years in the Navy flying as aircrew (not pilot, I operated the electronic gear...radar,etc...)

You can do this....just don't drink today....just concentrate on today.

Don

Comment

Roger that on the AF today Don! I've been a pilot for 24 years and can proudly say that I've NEVER even been near an aircraft with an ounce of alcohol in my system! (unless I was a passenger of course)..

Thanks Don...The SS Not Drinking Today

Comment

Working...
                          X