sleepaholic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleepaholic??

Anyone else wonder if they were replacing drinking with sleeping when they got sober? Seriously, bedtime has become my favorite time of day, and it's all I can do to force myself out of that nice, warm, safe place in the morning...

sleepaholic??

Yes, my husband has been sleeping a lot more and he is happy about it because sleeping, when AL was in control everyday, was not so good. I don't think you are replacing drinking with sleeping, you are finally sleeping properly and AL is loosing. Good for you, continue to sleep well for many years to come.

Comment

sleepaholic??

I sleep alot less now ive stopped drinking. Annoyingly so sometimes! Max of 8 hours a night. Think that will change when im back to work though!
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

sleepaholic??

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Just seems kind of similar to drinking behavior in some ways - isolated, "safe place," oblivious...know what I mean?

Comment

sleepaholic??

LOL me too! I used to dread sleep when I was drinking.... it was horrid.
          now it's as you said Larisa, that oblivious place
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

sleepaholic??

I love my sleep now. (Getting too much right now but think it is that headache med..)

However, nowadays when I fall asleep and wake up in the morning, I truly feel like I have slept.

I don't suffer the horrible night sweats -- except the usual old lady ones -- and I don't suffer horrible dreams, waking up with the pounding heart and pounding head.

I wake up gradually, feeling warm, comfy and satisfied.

Aaaah. One of the best benefits of staying completely away from alcohol. Even back when I was just drinking one or two a night, alcohol interrupted my sleep patterns. Totally AF, the only thing that interrupts my sleep now is my husband. I like those interruptions.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

sleepaholic??

So I guess y'all are saying I should relax and enjoy it, huh??

Comment

Working...
              X