X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short stories.

I found these while surfing....

EYES

There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend, who was always there for her. She said that if she could only see the world, she would marry her boyfriend. One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. She could see everything, including her boyfriend. Her boyfriend asked her, “Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?”
    The girl was shocked when she saw that her boyfriend was blind, and refused to marry him. Her boyfriend walked away in tears, and later wrote a letter to her saying - “Just take care of my eyes dear.”

EMPTY BOX

The story goes that some time ago a man punished his 5-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was
    tight and he became even more upset when the child pasted the gold paper so as to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree.
    Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift box to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy." The father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found the box was empty. He spoke to her in a harsh manner, "Don't you know, young lady, when you give someone a present there’s supposed to be something inside the package?" The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was full." The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his arm around his little girl, and he begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger.
    An accident took the life of the child only a short time later and it is told that the father kept that gold box by his bed for all the years of his life. And whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems he would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

Short stories.

Pop..What wonderfull little stories. Especially the second one. Really makes you think.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Short stories.

Thank you pops, especially with things as they are, such stories put things in perspective. :l

Comment

Short stories.

:upset:
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Short stories.

Short Story : " In days of old when Knights were bold and condems were'nt invented, they wrap a sock around their %$*! and babies were prevented." IAD.
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Short stories.

Oh Popeye, they are lovely.

I just hope they aren't true.

Comment

Short stories.

Those are very heart warming stories...It is good for all of us to remember to look deeper at the every day miracles that happen all around us and not to be to quick to jump to conclusion's ...Thanks POP..
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Short stories.

One night a man was hurrying home from work and decided to take a short cut thru a dark, unlit park that he usually avoided. As he hurried, he heard noises from the bushes to his right. Stopping, it soon became evident there was a battle of some kind going on in there. He could here an angry man, and the cries of a woman. 'Oh my God', he thought, 'what do I do?' He considered running for help, but the cries of the woman were becoming weaker and it was obvious she was losing. 'I'm no hero,' he thought. 'I just just go home and no one would know'.
                He took two steps, then knew he couldn't live with himself. Turning, he pushed thru the bushes and began to wrestle with the dark shape of a man. The battle didn't last long; the attacker seemed only to want to get away. Unsure how to proceed, the man said, quietly, "Maam, I'm here to help you. I can't see where you are, but I will get help. Your assailant is gone."
                He listened intently for a reply in the quiet night, fearing she had run. Suddenly, from the darknes, came this reply, "Daddy??"
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Short stories.

im going to really try and "look" at whet ive got , thanks popeye! Very sad though.

Comment

Working...
                  X