Peace Corp. 3rd October 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Friday everyone! This is a daily thread for everyone, whether AF or mods. But I still want to stress my thanks to the AF Army for getting me through my 30 days - I seriously recommend that thread if you're new and thinking of starting AF because it's fast moving and there's usually always someone there to talk to for support.

Anyway, as many know - I'm once again attempting the mod road... well we'll see how it goes. I think ideally I'd like to only drink no more than twice a week but err... yes, well I'm going to try - although this week aiming for that goal may have already gone out the window!

By no means am I setting myself up as an example for modding, this is just something I need to figure for myself.

Think it's time for the Friday chippy tea song...

[ame= ]YouTube - Chippy Tea[/ame]
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

I fancy a stir fry of sorts, mind you - by 6.00pm this evening I may fancy a chippy tea!!!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

we vlad, as you said you will try, just keep trying, am happy this fine morning especially since it rained here at last, happy to that i can not the difference now when its dry and when its raining. you know when someone is actively into alcohol your life is all the same, that how mine was, no different, trouble come in the morning when i need to get a glass to wake me up." we call it here get ride of cobwebs"
      am AF and loving it

Comment

Morning Vlad. have a graet friday!
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Vladders me old mucker! Have a lovely day!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey Peace Corps Peeps..
            Hope everyone is doing well with their goals, Af or modding

Hey, I can offer anyone wanting to be AF this flu bug that Ive got....all you want to drink is hot lemon or tea.

Have a Great Friday
            ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Home now and yes I still feel like a stir fry, hubby is cooking now!

Comment

The stir fry is sweet thai chilli.

Comment

Good day to the Corps --- I had an early golf game to get to this morning, so I'm very late posting..... but wanted to say I successfully moderated last night. It was our 32nd wedding anniversary, and after we came home from dinner (had a cosmo before we went out and we shared a 1/2 litre of wine --- SHARED! ... I would have had that and more to myself before) Came home, brushed my teeth and made a cup of tea.
                  Back to AF today..... another golf game tomorrow ...... it's much more fun to play when not hungover!

Comment

Hi all,
                    It's Friday! After work hubby and I did a little shopping, then dinner at an Italian restaurant whe had not visited. Food was great, and huge portions so we each brough home a whole second meal.

The sun was finally out today after a few days rain. Frost may come tonight. I am an avid gardener. I welcome both the beginning and theend of the gardening season.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hello folks. This is the first time that I have posted on this thread; only been on the site for about a week. Learning a lot from others and grateful to have found you. Don't know if I'll ever be able to only be a mod, don't know when to stop once I start. Thanks for the inspiration.
                      Hope :h

Comment

Welcome Hopeful mom and THANK YOU Vlad for recruiting us all into the Peace Corps!

I loved Chippy Tea!! My husband is waiting for the Red Sox playoff game to start, and I've got chippy tea going on the laptop. What a scream. If I ever make it across the pond, I want to hang out with you. And I used to think Fridays were only fun when drunk! NO MORE!!

Vera-b

Comment

Hey Sunbeam --- I'm with you on the gardening .... I relish the new plantings and working in the garden in the spring, but I've had it by the time the fall comes.... and now there is much more work to be done and it's not as pleasurable. Lots of cleaning of the beds and raking, and raking and raking!

Comment

Working...
                          X