Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CANADAS ENVY!

STUMP STYLE

KAREN VON HAHN (A Columnist with the Globe and Mail in Toronto)September 27, 2008

We love Barack Obama. No, we really, really do. According to a Sept. 23 poll conducted by Ipsos Reid, 42 per cent of Canadians would vote for Obama if they could - a conclusive lead over our very own Stephen Harper, who, in a race against Obama, would get only 29 per cent of the popular vote. This cross-border election envy has manifested itself in a fashion trend: At the recent Toronto International Film Festival, the hands-down style statement was to sport an Obama T-shirt.
    Happily, the fashion community feels our pain.
    Under Runway for Change on http://www.barackobama.com, one can now order designer Obama tees by the likes of Vera Wang, Zac Posen and Tory Burch. (My personal favourite: Nanette Lepore's tattoo-style "Hope" anchor, with an accompanying Obama '08 rosette pin, for $65.)
    What's more - with the dreamy U.S. Democratic presidential candidate finally surging ahead in the polls this week - those of us north of the 49th parallel can now, literally, wear our hearts on our sleeves with a Barack Obama for PM T-shirt, $16.95, at http://www.barackobamaforPM.com. (The satirical site's motto? "It's not just a wardrobe - it's a new day in Canadian politics.")
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

CANADAS ENVY!

but you crazy Canadians probably don't realize that he is a Muslim terrorist, a Marxist, and that he wants to DOUBLE everyone's taxes and start taxing water ... that's what many of my compatriots fondly believe
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

CANADAS ENVY!

Dexsweetie, we are a multi-ethnic society and buy and read publications from all over the globe, that way one gets a very diverse viewpoint and we don't get FOXxed easily. If you get taxed for water then we want 95 % royalties in Canadian Dollars please, thank you.
      Hugs
      *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

CANADAS ENVY!

we're also a multi-ethnic society but many people prefer to get all their information from Fox, the right-wing blogosphere and nasty talking heads like Bill O'Reilly. Read a newspaper? Too "elitist." And from ANOTHER COUNTRY?????? Horrors! So liberal!! Thanks for being sane my sunshiny friend!
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

CANADAS ENVY!

Please elect him, then, in Canada, cause I'm not going to participate in electing him here! (My last political statement!!)
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

CANADAS ENVY!

I love him. I would totally vote for him, if he were to run here. Our Prime Minister (Stephan Harper) looks like a snake in the grace (actually so does our Premier! Gets a DUI and nothing happens to him! I cannot wait until we vote Gordon Campbell out!!!).

That is my last political statement! tee hee!

Screw Liberals! Vote for Green Party! hahahaha (of course I am only kidding!)

Comment

CANADAS ENVY!

independant

I am sorta-liberal and sorta-conservative, depending on what issue..................and VERY GREEN...........................Obama probably has my vote, mostly against the war-mongering Palin and McCain.............

Just my 2-cents.

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

CANADAS ENVY!

Some of us South of the Border watch CNN. No Foxy stuff at my house, I start showing disturbing symptoms after about 15 minutes of Fox. I like the CNN "spin". Only foxy thing about CNN is Anderson Cooper's eyes, even though he doesn't play on my side of the street.
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

CANADAS ENVY!

Accountable for Me;430732 wrote: I love him. I would totally vote for him, if he were to run here. Our Prime Minister (Stephan Harper) looks like a snake in the grace (actually so does our Premier! Gets a DUI and nothing happens to him! I cannot wait until we vote Gordon Campbell out!!!).

That is my last political statement! tee hee!

Screw Liberals! Vote for Green Party! hahahaha (of course I am only kidding!)
                  Us, Canadians are in a political pickle as well!!!! I have personally met Stephen Harper (in NYC) and he looks shifty, but then again, what politicians don't?! As for McGuilty.....SCARY! I live in a town that has experiences their ineffectual behaviours for almost 3 years now...pass the buck, 'it's Federal, no it Provincial'. I'd rather not vote at all however, if I don't then I can't complain about who gets in, can I?

Politics...YUCK!
                  AF July 6 2014

Comment

CANADAS ENVY!

Hi Lorisun,

If we elect Obama and you like him, too, do you want to share? I'm all for friendly relations!!

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
                    X