Peace Corp. 4th October 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all! Decided I really need to get fit and want to go swimming today. One problem - I can't get my swimming costume on (too fat) so need firstly to buy a new one. Oh yeah, discovered some new soft drinks called 'Lime Grove' - gotta get me some of that. I really fancy the lime & ginger one.

Have a great day everyone!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Oh yuk, my milk thistle tea's gone cold! :yuk:
    Gonna put my washing out.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Let me know what it tastes like vlad. Thanks for the post on the AF thread. Think ill hold out till mon.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Sure you'll be fine Cy.

After all, you've got quite a few days under your belt now.

Over here there is always an emergency chemist and quite a few 24/7 walk in Medical Centres, thanks to it being a tourist town and people falling over all night long and things like that.

Comment

Oops - I started this under Just Starting Out. I'll try to fix it.. Nope, can't figure out how to delete a thread.

Anyway, I'm doing well. Cleaning indoors for guests next weekend until it warms up a bit, then I'll be outdoors planting more bulbs.

Vlad, last night at dinner they offered us a "splash" of vodka over rasberry sorbet. I turned down the vodka because I had already decided that this would be an AF weekend, but is it good/special? We are both moderators. Though neither of us drinks out at dinner, I thought this could be an acceptable indulgence on another visit to that restaurant.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;431101 wrote: Oops - I started this under Just Starting Out. I'll try to fix it.. Nope, can't figure out how to delete a thread.
            Yeah, you need to be a subscriber to delete your own threads! :H

Comment

Anyway, I now have a swimsuit and I'm going for a swim!

Comment

Morning all!! I have to tell you all, MWO is the first contact I have with the world when I wake up in the morning and the last contact I have before I go to bed. Even on my really bad days I find solace on these boards!! Thank you all for your continued support and patience.
                "The one true thing that I know about myself is that I will never stop learning things about myself!":nutso:

AF SINCE 5/23/2007 - MINUS 3 DAYS!!!!

Comment

Afternoon Akmom!

Comment

Sunbeam;431101 wrote:
                    Vlad, last night at dinner they offered us a "splash" of vodka over rasberry sorbet. I turned down the vodka because I had already decided that this would be an AF weekend, but is it good/special? We are both moderators. Though neither of us drinks out at dinner, I thought this could be an acceptable indulgence on another visit to that restaurant.
                    Think if I'd decided to be AF I would have said 'No' too - love the way you've already set up the zeros on your Drink Tracker for the time you've set for yourself to be AF!

Comment

cymru;431084 wrote: Let me know what it tastes like vlad. Thanks for the post on the AF thread. Think ill hold out till mon.
                      I've not managed to find any, I've just seen it advertised - I know they have it in the pub but if I go in the pub I'm more likely to choose AL over having a soft drink. :H

Comment

Vlad.........I love swimming and hanging my laundry outside.
                        Do both several days every week.
                        I'm looking for new stuff to drink also. I like Gingerale and sweet tea, but mostly drink water .
                        Have a great day all!
                        Nancy
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Back from my swim, think I did around 12 lengths or something... err... sort of. I am soooooo unfit!!!

Comment

Got to think of what to do for tea.

Comment

I have been amazed how well sparkling water satisfies me instead of the wine I used to guzzle. I keep a variety of flavors on hand. Others here also speak highly of tonic water with cranberry juice, but the the flavored water right out of the bottle floats my boat. In a wine glass, of course. I'm going to have some now!
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                              X