Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the biggest lie youve ever told yourself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about why you MUST continue on drinking!

Mine (is) was that I absolutly needed to keep drinking as it helped nuture my relationship with hubby , it was something we did together and I convinced myself if I stopped drinking we would never have sex again! (sorry t.m.i.!):H

That it helped me cope with the stress of hubby's problems.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

That I was in control and could stop when I wanted to. That, and that if I had a piece of gum no one could smell the vodka on my breath.
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Same as AA's but also: That having "a" drink in the evening was a reward, a gift, that I allowed myself to have as compensation for various difficulties in my life.

wip

Comment

That there were people alot worse off than me. That i didnt drink spirits, i drank wine, had a clean house, nice car and looked after myself. There were periods i wouldnt drink so i wasnt a true alcoholic.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

That it made me good at my job (Bar Owner).

While it is true it gave me a certain rapport with my clients, I don't know of any really successful bar owners round here who are also alcoholics.
            There are plenty of mediocre ones- but the Big Boys, the millionaires, are not big drinkers.
            Not one of them!

Comment

"I'm Not That Bad" Lol, yeah right.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

That everyone else is hiding their drinking too!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

That it made life easier, more bearable
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Becuase of the dishes and vacumming and shopping of catching the train of sitting down at the desk for another 8 hours !!!! drink falsely made them exciting. Latley sober vacumming is giving me a bit of a natural BUZZZ!!!! Still cant come at a sink full of dirty dishes need a vat of wine to tackle that one. Drink targets lazy people like me. the great lie is!!!!!!! I think I am functioning better when half pissed!!!! So not true!!!!!!
                    cap

Comment

that it was the real me when i was drinking
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

.....that I could moderate anytime I choose to and that after all, I deserved that drink and all the other ones, because I functioned and worked so damned hard........blah, blah, blah.
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Ditto all the the above!!! Apart from maybe the bar owner one, I've never been a bar owner. Oh and the one about not drinking spirits, cos I drank/drink spirits.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

That it was ok to drink so much because my friends did too.
                            It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Comment

That I could escape from my life and have a small amount of peace and quiet.
                              "The one true thing that I know about myself is that I will never stop learning things about myself!":nutso:

AF SINCE 5/23/2007 - MINUS 3 DAYS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X