Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the biggest lie youve ever told yourself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT I COULD QUIT WHENEVER I WANTED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a lie I told myself when I was young and dumb!
    "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

That I could have just 2 or 3. Yeah, right!!! I have never, ever had two or three and stopped.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Great thread!

1 Hiding behind other people's drinking (many people "overdo it" once in a while. I do it almost every night & it makes my life more difficult & DANGEROUS than it needs 2 be. I have a problem)

2 Believing that I'm a BAD person because i have a drink problem
        I'm a GOOD person with a drink problem. End of

Gold
        :sun:

Comment

OK, another person's post just made me remember another. I have told myself, after long periods of sobriety, that life is really not any better without alcohol, than it is with alcohol. That is just a great big fat lie, and it leads directly to a bottle of booze (and for me, years of misery)!

wip

Comment

GoodAsGold;433169 wrote: Great thread!

2 Believing that I'm a BAD person because i have a drink problem
            I'm a GOOD person with a drink problem. End of

Gold
            That is a very good point
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

I lie to myself daily. Poor, poor me. Yeah, pour me! ACK!
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I needed to re-read this thread today, and maybe some newbies will get something from it, too.

Another one of my own big lies that I just remembered: That I "just want to have a glass of wine with dinner." I hear newbies saying that, a lot. I have been known to say it, too, and it was (for me) a lie.

A "glass of wine with dinner" had nothing to do with my drinking. I could be sitting at dinner with guests, with a glass of wine beside my plate, and I'd make up an excuse that I needed to get something from the kitchen, and leave the table and go get myself a swallow of whisky. Several times during dinner. That's on top of the whisky I drank before dinner, and after...

wip

Comment

i just had 2........
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

startingover;431119 wrote: That it made life easier, more bearable
                    oh yeah... use that one myself!

Comment

That I was "the life of the party" and everyone wanted me to drink a lot and entertain them....

That I ate healthy and took a lot of vitamins therefore, the alcohol wasn't harming my body (as much)..

That just one or two would do me just fine - which ending up meaning one or two bottles of wine would do me perfect...

That if God wanted me to stop he would show me a sign (????)...
                      "Parenthood remains the greatest single preserve of the amateur." Alvin Toffler

Comment

Throwing up saying "that bloody sea food again". Complete denial!!!!!!! I love me sea food it has never made me sick!!!!!! Feel like I should make a public apology to all the fish mongers of the world!!!! for that lie...
                        Cap

Comment

LOL Cap x
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Capt...you are the funniest guy, Id love to meet you!

Comment

I d love to meet you guys too..... all of you one day but the last thing you need is a pyscho sea captain Knockin on ya door!!!!! I m not that funny Im sort of a tragic comic!!!! maybe funny but defo completley pathetic! dont know wether to laugh or cry most of the time
                              Love cap

Comment

sounds like youd fit in great with all the rest of us emotional retards...lol! And yes Starting, im including you in that group! Ho...ho...ho!

Comment

Working...
                                X