Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the biggest lie youve ever told yourself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAAA yes They the church did insist that i dont get grumpy or dismissive of the children before I was allowed to be the bunny ( felt insulted) the girl Im hugging is my beautiful daughter and she didnt know and still doesnt. How ever some of the boys well I can relate to the film "BAD SANTA" !!!! talk about being kicked in the balls and having to say have a nice day son ( murderous thoughts aside)
    Cap

Comment

That the vodka's only 30% AL so you can drink more.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

That it makes me a more interesting person (No shit!) .... Today for interesting read: A dam mess)
        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

That I drank red wine and its ok because its actually good for you, the whole bottle that is! I thought its even more antioxidants. That it actually helped me cope with my problems.
          "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

I Heard that Guinness does the same...UK friends, please send me some ASAP !!!!
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

hippie37;431260 wrote: I think I was too oblivious to the fact I had a problem so actually 'lying' to myself didn't come into it. In hindsight though I guess it was an identity crisis with how I expected others to perceive me rather than how I saw my true self.

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx

I am with Hippie on this one !!!!
              ?We are one another's angels?
              Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

That it makes the day more interesting
                That it makes ME more interesting
                That it gives my other half a sex life
                That it makes me better able to cope
                That Im not drinking as much as "real alcoholics"
                That I always (well used to)wait until bars opening time in morning, so therefore its "acceptable"
                ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

That I'm complicated and artistic and alcohol enhances that...
                  That I'm better looking...
                  That I can sing like Mariah...
                  That I entertain everyone so it's OK...
                  And the biggest one is that my drinking is under control...

Angel xo

Comment

- I feel fine, so my liver must be fine; my body must be fine. (Yeah, that's why I'm tired all the time, my eyes are bloodshot, and I'm about 50 lbs overweight. My body's just fine. MmmHmm.)

- I will panic while driving if I don't have a shot to calm me first. (Am I insane? That's the stoopidest reason to have a drink.)

- Drinking makes me happier. (And as Dr. Phil would say, "Yeah, and how's that working for you? Area you happier?" .... Um, no I'm not.)

- I'll stop drinking ... after my birthday .. in the new year .. on Monday. (Yeah, right.)
                    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Are you OK Gia?
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

That all of my problems are because of someone else and not me and my drinking
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

That you Limers would eventually forgive me, for spouting off after drink and calling you Mr Leprachaun, and may I say it was only cos I was drunk and looked at your picture and thought 'leprachaun', nothing more. I have a drink problem and am conceited and not nice at times. I recognize you replied to me when I originally posted. That means much. I am sorry. So my lie is that. Won't do it again Mrs Leprachaun:h I upset you and I am sorry.

Comment

But in all this:- my biggest lie, was that 'I can do it on my own'. for I now know I cannot.

Comment

I guess mine is,which i am STILL telling myself, it'll make you feel better, make you laugh and give you energy!!! BULLSH*T!

Comment

My biggest lie to myself is that alcohol is not going to take over the controls of intentionsand reason.
                                It always does.

Comment

Working...
                                X