Drinking Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking Dreams

I've been having drinking dreams lately. (3 1/2 months AF). I drink in them. Last night's dream involved me sneaking vodka. They all end in that "OMG, WHAT AM I DOING?!" feeling. Anyone else have those? is it a typical phase?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Drinking Dreams

Yes, I've had them before. I just look at them as my subconscious working on the importance of not drinking. Mine were the same...would drink and then I would be horrified by it. Sometimes I would wake up in the morning and for a few moments think that I actually drank. My heart would race.

I think it shows that we are very vigilant about not drinking again.

Interesting, it is never a good experience in my dreams....I mean, it's not a romanticized version of being able to drink again
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

Drinking Dreams

Yeah, I've had those, they seem to have stopped now. I once dreamt I kept a giant vodka bottle at work! And that I could get cans of beer from our drinks dispenser.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Drinking Dreams

Yes, I had at the start. I even felt like I was hungover when I woke along with the disapointment and shame. Not had one for a while though....
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Drinking Dreams

My dreams were so strange I set up a crazy dreams thread in Subscribers. Hold on a sec...
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Drinking Dreams

Noticed you weren't a subscriber so thought I'd paste some excerpts...

!AL Dream Alert!

My dreams about AL have been supressed lately (a good thing). I have been aware on a few occasions I have been dreaming about vodka but could never remember clearly - which I was glad about. But last night this one unfortunately jumped out at me. Dreamt I was sat at a table in a restaurant and was just drinking and drinking - beer, rum, vodka you name it. The bottles and glasses were just mounting up on the table. A friend from church was sat opposite but seemed unpeturbed by my excessive drinking. I finished downing a half pint glass of rum and woke up.

!AL Dream Alert!

OK, another AL dream... Dreamt I was at my Grandma's and she'd invited everyone round for a party. My intention was to be sensible and I began to sip a glass of wine. My brother and his wife turned up and got some beers. Noticing how much beer there was in the fridge set me off - now I'd made the decision I was going to get absolutely lashed!!! My brother decided we'd all go to the pub for a few, and I got in the back of his Audi TT taking my glass of wine with me. It was very difficult to drink crammed into the back seat and due to the speed my brother was driving! I decided to give the whole idea up and opened the door (how??? I was in the back seat of an Audi TT!!!) and tipped my drink away. Finally we arrived at the house of the Korsakoff's (inspired by that article posted about Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome I think) who were apparently distant relatives of ours. Mrs Korsakoff fell out with me because I was charging round the house looking for where she kept the vodka. Eventually I settled down and decided to show my husband my family tree and how I was related to the Korsakoff family...????

And this is one about other people drinking:

Oh this was a strange one. I dreamt I was riding home on a coach from a church outing. A friend opposite me opened up a can of Scrumpy Jack and began drinking it. Then she started on a 4-pack of Carlsberg. The coach then stopped and a weird guy with gross-looking ears got on. He said, 'I can crush cans with my ears!' and proceeded to stuff my friend's empty Scrumpy Jack can into his ear. He began crushing the can using only his ear muscles?!!!?!! and then promptly gave the crushed can to me. I yelled, 'It's not mine!!!'

Anyway, we all thought this was very strange, but then it turned out the coach driver was the guy's mum and she had this talent too. She began crushing the empty Carlsberg cans just to prove it!

Comment

Drinking Dreams

Greenie,

Neil and several long termers have posted about the drinking dreams.

It does seem to be a part of recovery.

I hear they are unpleasant.

I also hear they face in time.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Drinking Dreams

I use to have drinking dreams ....it was the same thing...I would dream I was drinking and I was horrified, but so relieved when I woke up and realised it was just a dream. I think I was having these dreams at about 3-6 month mark.....

Don

Comment

Drinking Dreams

Oh Greenbean

I've had so many of those. Nightmares they were. Yes, I guess they are part of the baggage. I guess the nightmares are better than the real thing, though.

:h
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Drinking Dreams

It's good to know that in these dreams, we realise we are not meant to be drinking. Like momof3, I put it down to the idea being accepted by the sub-conscious. Which is a good sign, (hopefully)

Comment

Drinking Dreams

Yep, me too! I was upset when I first woke up and then relieved when I realized it had been a dream. Only two in 6 mos. tho!
                      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Drinking Dreams

Yes Green Eyes I've had some pretty crazy Drinking Dreams myself Ha! IAD.
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Drinking Dreams

Hi Greenie,

I have drinking dreams, but also have sex dreams. Hummm. Certainly they can't be related (in the subconcious, I mean).

Vera-b

Comment

Drinking Dreams

Well a few days ago i had a drinking dream but as soon as i was going to drink that wine it just touch my lips and the dream ended. I was upset and disappointed to tell you the truth. Is that normal to feel like that? it seems everyone is relieved.

Take care

Love
                            Teardrop.x
                            family is everything to me

Comment

Drinking Dreams

the , reward tht you havent is a stimulint,it is your brain thanking you for not,it is like the nt mares one suffers from when drinking,but in the opposite effect,think of how your brain is coping now with out all the AL,it is very normal,

Comment

Working...
                              X