Does anyone know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know

I am thrilled to say I have been AF for 14 days. I am feeling awful though. I was so hoping for great feeling days. I have had a headache every day for most of the day. My stomach is upset, I feel nauseated, my muscles ache, amd I barely have the energy to make it through the day. This started about 6 - 7 days ago. Could it be withdrawals still on day 14? I am so looking forward to feeling well. Went to dr. didnt mention anything about drinking or not drinking. She ran blood work, so far everything looks good. She is thinking a possible ulcer, will get those results back Monday.

Does anyone know

Are you staying hydrated. Also, are you eating complex carbs.

When most of us drink, we ingest a lot of fluid and sugar along with our favorite drink. When you stop drinking, your body is still accustom to a given level of fluid and sugar. It's like when people move to Arizona, they get dehydrated for a few weeks because the air is so dry they don't know they have to drink a lot more water. You need to keep up the intake, and give your body time to adjust to new patterns.

That's my first thought, at least. Just blood sugar low, or dehydrated (which gives headaches).

Comment

Does anyone know

Yes, lots of fluids, maybe some supplements... are you using any? Also, you need to keep in mind that your body/brain is doing a LOT of repairing and healing, outside of your conscious awareness. Give it time. Eat properly (soups might be good, with that upset stomach), do some lightweight exercise (just some walking would be great), and remember that whatever you are feeling is no doubt a hell of a lot better than hangovers. It's good you are seeing a doctor, maybe next time you see her you will tell her about the alcohol situation (it might play some role in her decision-making about possible diagnoses).

best wishes,

wip

Comment

Does anyone know

It is unlikely you would have any physical withdrawal symptoms after 2 weeks AF. But there could be depression. I agree that you must need some supplements. And you need to eat healthily and rest well.

In general, you should at least be feeling some benefits from being AF at this point. If not, there could be other underlying physical problems. Hypothyroidism is often a culprit. Have you been tested for that?
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Does anyone know

Needachange, by now you should be feeling like a million bucks. Stay on your Doc and demand some answers...something is not making sense here.

BTW...huge contrats on the AF time! keep up the great work
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Does anyone know

WELL DONE YOU!!! Doing so well AF - i'm still just dreamin...
            Sorry ur not gettin feel-good factor yet. Hope u find the energy 2 push it with the doctor, at least if you can eliminate a few factors the worries might subside & you can concentrate on your goal.
            Again, well done. Stick at it, you deserve the best & this is the best way to get it. Hope you can get a good rest

Gold
            :sun:

Comment

Does anyone know

ditto...all of the above stay strong and think positive it will all get better with time ...
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
              X