Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubting my belief in..........the silver lining.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star,

I love you so very much and was so sad to see you were down. You have done such a wonderful job of staying sober and being such a source of support and caring here. Many times you were there to help me.

I do agree that being sober is in itself not a do all end all to make our lives better. It is simply one thing that will allow us to find what we need to do to be fulfilled. We both know that drinking will keep us from that life we do want.

I am very glad you have started to think about what you want to do and how you want to grow. I will cheer you on all the way. You are a strong, beautiful person and you will find the life you want to lead. I have no doubt.

Thank you for your post. It was very thought provoking for me, too. I am sitting here thinking about what I want to do in life myself. You are an inspiration to me.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Star, I'm glad to see you are feeling better today. I am at the 60-90 day period and getting to the "work on myself" stage. I am impatient and still somewhat frozen as to how to fix things that are wrong in my life. I have been given great advice on this site and I am trying to approach the changes I need to make very slowly because I simply can't fix everything all at once. I am self-reflecting- admitting what's wrong is the first step. I am trying to build courage to start the changing process. These things are difficult and time consuming but I know I will have rewards at the end of the journey. Best wishes to you in your own personal process. Count me in as one of your supporters. Kriger
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

That's our Star.....

Comment

What the fuck am I doing up at this time of night? God only knows but thank god for reading your post Star.

Guess I'll always have a little soft spot for you after giving me such a 'warm' welcome in the beginning. Ya little Devil ya!!lol

Glad to hear you back on track hun.

Lots of love
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

gyco is not gyco tont,your as in your words say, a frikkin poet,i have gone on and on here,but no one gets it ,were frikkin different,does it matter,e wine and cry,we just cant drink, is it so hard,by the way,oops,thnx for the post,gyco

Comment

Star,

Thank you for your post, I can so relate to that feeling of " is that it ? " . Althought, I have been strugling for some time, when I did manage a few weeks AF, I felt like all of the fun and joy had been taken out of my life.. I was just going through the day, waiting for it to be over and go to bed. It's safe in bed, you don't drink in bed..well at least I don't.

At 41, it seems it's time to figure out who I want to be when I grow up, whithout AL.

Like so many others have said already, you are amazing. Like Chief said, That's OUR STAR. !

Riker
              Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

Riker,
                You made a good point. When we stop drinking we need to do some "growing up". Our emotional maturity is not where it should be when we are actively drinking and we do need to grow; we were "stuck" when we drank and were unable to grow. After getting free of AL comes growth-that is the hard, cold fact I am dealing with now.
                Kriger
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Star,
                  It so good to hear from you . YOU are one strong lady. I believe there something out there for everyone we have to be patience but it is there. dont be sorry for your long post, your post is always a inspiration to me. Like cindi said im also thinking about what i want to do in my life.Thank you star you dont realise but you have help people through your own post.:l

Take care

Love
                  Teardrop.x
                  family is everything to me

Comment

Star
                    Thank you so much for this post, and thanks for all the replies. I love this kind of sharing, because I fall into this too, and I really have had sadness in my life, abuse and neglect, my very early life, and I don't want to dwell on it, sometimes my feelings just stop me cold....and it just maybe is part of being human, that we aren't all smooth sailing all the time.
                    Maybe it is just important to keep sharing all our 'stuff', because of course drinking is the opposite of that - for me it is a nice fuzzy blanket, you know, a hiding place....
                    I am at the library again - supposed to have internet Monday!!! can't wait! because I'll be back on this site whenever I want!
                    love all of you!
                    Lila

Comment

Working...
                    X