Brother diagnosed with Terminal CANCER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sorry for what you are going through Evie. I have to agree with the others who suggested that you go and see him if at all possible, but like Chief said, do not go alone. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Evie.... My prayers are with you and your brother. I lost my father to cancer......they leave us way too soon. Take time to tell him all the things you always wanted to tell him......that's what I did. ( of course...that you love him. IAD)
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Evie...My prayers are with you and your brother.

Comment

I do really love him and we were just reconnecting after all the alcoholic rages and traumas.On my birthday, a few weeks ago, he was full of life and asked me if I forgave him for the pain that he caused me.I said that no forgiveness was necessary and that I loved him unconditionally.His future was finally seeming bright.I hope that he may be pasted out drunk and will call me when he wakes up.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Evie - I pray you are able to get in touch with him.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Evielou,
              I just read this and am so very sorry for what you both are going through. Pray, pray, pray and follow your heart. :l
              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Evie, my heart goes out to you. I know how helpless you can feel when it comes to family. My little sister is always in a crisis. First she was shooting up cocaine, and I worried for years not knowing how to help.(She lives 2000miles away). She would always call bawling, her life was a total wreck. I would be left with no way of getting in touch with her and worrying if she was dead. She finally stopped doing drugs, but drinks so much I'm scared for her. She just called me a few nights ago, drunk from her mother-in-laws telling me she had to get out of there. Here husband beat her up, she has no place to stay. I got off the phone, bawling my eyes out. I tried to call her the next day, no answer. I left a message telling the people she stays with I would file a missing persons report if my sister didn't call in 24hrs. She called the next day and loves her husband again, lip still busted. (They don't want the police at their house, I guess.)
                I just said all this to say, you are in an awful position. My heart goes out to you. There's no greater pain than watching a person you love being hurt so much, and not knowing what to do. Keep us posted. I'm sure he'll call in a day or two. He wouldn't have called you unless he wanted to reach out to you.
                MM

Comment

Evielou, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending your strength.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I finally reach an old friend of his, that he used to work with.He said that even though it was 20miles out of his way, he would drive by to see if his truck was there and ask a neighbor if he has seen him.He is afraid to go to the door.i asked him to give my phone number to anyone in the area that knows him.I've done all that I can think to do from here so the waiting is all that is left.
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

so sorry to hear this Evie. sending you a hug.:l:l:l. Keep us posted.
                      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother, evie.

Star x
                        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Evie- Making your phone # available to all in the area sounds good. I am very sorry for the pain for both of you. You really do need to go see him, in my opinion.

Comment

hi evie,life goes on,somtimes not fun,i dont no wht to say,i wish you well, gyco

Comment

Wow Evie, I'll be thinking of you both :l
                              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                              - George Jackson

Comment

Hi Evie,
                                just seen this im so sorry to hear this sad news about your brother. my brother die of cancer but could not have the chemo, but my best friend from school and also work with, had cancer and had gone through chemo treatment. i know chemo treatment takes a lot out of you, are you sure his drinking he maybe not be. I hope you do get to see your brother with someone with you and i do also think if his on his own he should have a nurse care to go round his place.
                                All the best you are in my thoughts and prayers sending you lots of strength your way.

Take care
                                Love

Teardrop.x
                                family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
                                X