Brother diagnosed with Terminal CANCER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He finally sobered up enough to call us, last night.He has asked an old on/off Girlfriend to come and help him.I called her and she said that see is gonna go and will stay with him as long as he is sober.I am so grateful because he needs someone there right now.She is the one that I always told him that he should marry.It's too late for that now but she does really care for him.The doctor said he is stage 3 and that the Chemo will buy him a year or so.If he stays sober then he can continue to heal his relationship with his kids and they will get to know who he is.He has alot of fences to mend and alittle time to do it.I hope that he will find some inner peace, before he passes.He says that he wants to be sober and was thrown into a binge trying to accept the news.Now we have time to plan a sensible visit to see him instead of a panicky one.It was a real shocker and put us in a tail spin.I think that I will pack a picnic and we can spent sometime at the beach, today.The seashore is so healing.I love the Sun on my face, sound of the waves and the feel of the sea breeze.Sometime there will help bring us back to center.
    Thank you all for your caring ways.You are a God Sent in my life.Blessings to you all.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

EvieLou, I am so pleased to read that your situation is a bit more positve. You seem to be coping very well, and that is amazing
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Evie,
        I'm glad, at least, you have been able to speak to him while sober- the panic can subside. Going to the beach sounds like an excllent plan for you tdy. I hope your brother finds the courage to get thru this sober. I will pray for him and for you as well. Kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

evielou, if you have not talked to the doctor directly.. you should. Find out exactly what to expect within the next year so you can prepare yourself and your family. My thoughts are with you.

Comment

Evielou, i have been thinking about you, your brother, and your situation, i'm glad you got in touch and he has somebody there to keep him and you in touch...Not knowing is so scarey...Imagination is not always a good thing..

Stay Strong:l Macks
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thanks guys, I am taking your advise Dear Waiting,I E Mailed my brother to get the doctors name...He is not answering the phone(again today)...I am alittle bit frustrated and I hope he is sleeping, not drinking...I do need to hear exactly what the doctor thinks will happen so i can prepare myself and his kids.Good advise that I hadn't thought of..

Comment

Sorry i havent been able to post evie, but i had a little accident with my p.c. Its strange that we dont answer the phone to the ones we love when deep down we need them the most. Its something my G/F has trouble understanding. Thinking of you Evie.
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I thought that I would give an update since many have PMed about it.I spoke to my brother last night.His old girl friend is there and that is keeping him from drinking, at least for now.She will drive him to his second Chemo tomorrow.He is very depressed and sick but is going to try to fly to Ky. to see his son in a Halloween play.He asked if I thought that he should let the kids see him so sick???I think as long as he is sober, he's in better shape than how they are used to seeing him.Your thoughts??

Comment

If it was my dad, I would want to see him....whatever shape he was in.
                    When I was much younger though, I dont know, I was terrified of my dad drunk
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Evie - Have only just seen this thread as Ive unfortunately been offline for a while, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.
                      I agree with O2 - the children will probably love to see him, and maybe it would perk him up a little to see them too?
                      Love,
                      C
                      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Do whatever you can do so you won't feel the guilt I have suffered over the years with my parents. Dad with brain cancer, Mom with Alzheimers. No win situation. I am an only child and had no one to help me. Booze didn't do it, and still doesn't. I just need to finally realize it. :lKay

Comment

Working...
                        X