This is startin' to work!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly can't believe it but this stuff is startin to work! did dose up pretty quickly, not for everyone, but in about 2 weeks? I'm up to 100mg of Topa with no side effects yet except a bit of loopiness. Got adrifinil yesterday so I'll see if that helps to counter that.

I haven't been stellar...but instead of one to two bottles of wine a night, I've either had two-three glasses over an 8 hour period, or gone several in a row AF...which can be dangerous cause that's when I start to feel good and want to celebrate.

The difference in the way I feel this morning is unbelieveable! Instead of getting my son up for school and looking at the clock...wishing for the bus to come so I can either go back to sleep, or have a drink to get over my hangover....I'm looking forward to starting my day and all my projects that I've been neglecting! Feels SO good to not be hungover!!

I know it's early on, but for the first time in years, I have hope and I pray that at least someone out there is feeling the same way I am today......

Warm hugs.....SS:l:h

What a lovely post to read. I am delighted for you!!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thank you ALL!! I actually have a couple of dates lined up for the weekend and for the first time in a long time I won't be drunk BEFORE the date! ( and god knows how those can end up)!

Comment

Have a wonderful time SS, you will have to let us know how they go.

Comment

You betcha.....I haven't dated sober in years!!! Little SCARY!!! I've kinda forgotten what my real personality is like...I might actually like myself:}

Comment

You will be fine SS, you will have your date in fits of laughter ....

Comment

It is great that you are working the program so that the program can work for you...Way to go ..
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thanks EvieLou! How are you feeling today?

Comment

Reading your post is certainly inspiring. I am waiting impatiently for my Topa to arrive and I am hoping to have the very same effects!

Good luck on your dates.....you will find you will attact a better partner without wine goggles!!!!
                  AF July 6 2014

Comment

Great news SS, so happy for you!!!!!!!! :h I am in the same boat. I had a rocky start but your right, its working. It's like 5:30 am here, there is now way I would normally be awake at this time, let alone happy and NOT hungover. Yaay for MWO!!!!
                    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Hey there akgirl! Way to go !!!! I'm in the danger zone right now...feeling good triggers thar urge to drink....let's see if the Topa stops it..that and will power. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Yesterday, everytime I even thought about AL I got up and did something, ANYTHING....cleaning, walking...learning a new guitar chord....the worst thing for me is to sit still.

Have a great day....HUGS.....SS

Comment

thats great news ss stay strong and think positive
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

SS, Glad you are feeling great, but don't get trapped into thinking that TOPA is doing the trick, it will ultimately be YOU making the decision not to drink. The topa is just there to help you along. Your positivity will be the driving force; keep up the good work!!! Kriger
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Whatever you do SS... no more mini-golfing for you

Comment

O.K. waiting..I promise..tee..hee

Comment

Working...
                              X