Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from the clinic

Hi all,

Just got back from the clinic with Lisa...Good and not bad but not great news...They will put me on the detox program but i have to cut down my alcahol consumption by more than half first..To do that she said i would take around 3 weeks to safely reduce...

I was asked to keep a drink diary for the week leading up till today..I was pretty shocked myself..I have been drinking between 40 and 50 units a day...To start the detox safely i have to be drinking under 20 units a day...I dont get out of bed for less than 30..(Bad joke sorry)...

Anyway Lisa and i are excited and are really glad to have some hope again...Also i am really enjoying be back here..

Take care Love Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Back from the clinic

Macks,
    I am glad you have some light at the end of the tunnel :wings: Keep using that drink tracker and posting. Best wishes :h
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Back from the clinic

Macks,

Wow, cutting down is tough, so you need to have a good plan about how to do it.

I am so happy you are feeling some optimism. You are about to embark on a journey to heal yourself. You will be amazed at how much better you feel once you can get off the poison.

I look forward to hearing about your progress.

I am glad to see you back here, too. I always loved your little jumping devil.

Love.
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Back from the clinic

Thanks chaps,

I have reduced before..I did the same thing in 06..Just a case of sticking to one type of drink..Then every other night reducing it by one can or glass...I make it sound easy don't i..LOL..

By this time next week i'll be on here crying like a baby..

Comment

Back from the clinic

stay strong and think positive ..you are on your way
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Back from the clinic

Dear Mack, I detoxed myself several times by changing to lite beer and then forcing myself to drink a full glass of water in between beers, then 2 glasses of water and 1 beer.I wish you all the strength in the world.It wasn't easy but if I can do it, I know that you can...Great news about the rehab...A whole new life is waiting on the other side...Blessings on you and your family..
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Back from the clinic

Good luck to you mack. You are heading in the right direction.
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Back from the clinic

Great news Mack,
                I wish you all the best at meeting your goals and getting the help you desire...you WILL do it!
                Kriger
                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Back from the clinic

I'm pulling for you Macks.
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Back from the clinic

Hi Macks, its such good news about the clinic, I'm really pleased for you and Lisa and the kids. Remember, if it's worth having, it's worth fighting for, so go on out there and get it my boy.

Love to you all,

Louise xoxoxoxo
                    A F F L..
                    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Back from the clinic

Count me as another one in your corner! :boxer:
                      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Back from the clinic

Yep - me too. Remember, we're 'old school' MWO (as opposed to just 'old')!
                        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Back from the clinic

I have got so much support from everyone i know i am going to do this..

I tried to be a bit of a smart arse reducing to much on my first night drinking 4 cans from 2-30pm until now 9pm here and have just got some bad shakes and sweats..Trying to do to much too soon i think....I want it that much... but i have to be realistic..I think i got a bit excited...

I am really looking forward to be clear minded...And give back the support...Like you lot do..

Your what i aspire to be..

I love you lots:l:l:l

Comment

Back from the clinic

Hi Macks, it is fantastic to hear you so positve. It sounds like you have a lovely support network in your family. That will help you so much. And of course you have us!
                            i look forward to reading about your progress.
                            All the very best
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Back from the clinic

Keep at it, you're doing GREAT!!!!!!
                              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                              - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X