And understand everything you put before me
    All the crevices and summits
    You realized that I had taken it literally
    So you took the mountain tops away me.

The one thing I loved so much
    To climb Mount Kenya, again and again
    To hang so liberated
    And that time I heard my Dad’s voice so far away
    Asking me to hang on and finish my difficult climb.

Stupid me, stupid me… I could have just let go
    I've never got the messages in life right
    Now I have neither the knees or money to go back
    I will live the life of a person who let ‘THAT MOMENT GO BY.’
    Or do I say to hell with it ALL and reach out one last time to speak to my creator in Mount Kenya's special place.

And in my own selfish way say good bye.
    A BushBaby with Attitude

Mount Kenya ~ My special place

Ahh Elizabeth,
    So melancholy.
    Knees and money. Same as me. So I am seeking other things.
    Did you really let the moment go? Or is something new waiting for you, just out of sight? Something you may not have thought of as a new endeavour.

Comment

Please don't say good bye, Elizabeth. It's a wonderful poem. It's a difficult life. But please, do not say "to hell with it all". Please, do not be selfish.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Elizabeth,

I agree with Beatle. Don't say good-bye. Say hello to new things.

Do not dwell on what you have not done or cannot do.

Dwell on what you can do that is good. You have much good inside of you.

I love your words, Elizabeth. You have always painted a beautiful picture of your land, your family and your soul. You still have much to do and give to this world.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Elizabeth,
          It is always good to post your thoughts - you can never do that too much. "Mt. Kenya" is an allegory in all of our lives. Sometimes we do need to let go and wave goodby - to an old life which included too much alcohol, to opportunities which have passed us by. I know my worst drinking was while I was depressed as a result of multiple orthopedic and neurological problems which do now limit my future. I greatly miss being able to walk as far as I wanted, whereever I wanted. So that is now gone.

Overall, I have a golden life: a good husband and family, job and financial security, a respected place in my community, many satisfying interests and friends. Alcohol has the potential to ruin all of that. So I wave goodby to the things in my past, good and bad, and welcome the future that I create.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Dear Elizabeth, you are a very competent, capable, caring and Talented woman.Life is a journey down a long and curving road.Along the way you are gonna hit potholes but if you stay focused, straight ahead, the going is bound to get smoother.Use the power of your thoughts to be the mind traveler and then at any moment you can be any place that you can imagine..Stay close to us and soon things will feel better..
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I have my special place too, E, and it's on a mountain also. It's almost sacred to me and I've almost lost it to AL SO many times. I can't climb down the mountainside to the stream like I used to with my sweet Wolfgang. He's been gone 2 years now. So I take the trail, the long way, but I still end up in the same place. I guess AAL & age took some of the adventure out of the trip, but the destination is worth it. Hang in there, baby!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
              X