This time its different!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time its different!

A few years ago I gave up drinking for 6 weeks , before I found my way out. During that time I was waiting for everything to fall into place , to become picture perfect all because I gave up drinking . What I dis covered was that life for me was just the same except I had no hangovers ...I was shocked and dissapointed! I still got headaches , I still got cranky with the kids sometimes , I still felt tired. This time im feeling different , Im only on day 11 but my expectations about af life are totally realistic , I know I will still have good days and bad days , that is life but I also know I will be able to handle them and face them better without resorting to alcohol.

This time its different!

YOURE THE BEST

Limes ditto one 2 your on ya way Its that " gentle acceptance" of the mind that we all seek ..... Limers you want a sober life and this time you are really gonna make it happen. Its like a epiphany a awakening!!!!!! you got there sweet heart well done big hugs from ya mate Cap:l:l:l:l:l
    Love ya always

Comment

This time its different!

Thaks you two...couldnt have done it without ya!

Comment

This time its different!

Congrats Lims. Your doing so well. Just remember those triggers we talked about and dont let them get on top of you. Proud of you grrrlll!x
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

This time its different!

I will do Cy , thanks ...and if I feel a wobble in regards to either of my addictions, I will pm you to get me to snap out of it!

Comment

This time its different!

Great job limers! What a great attitude, you'll go far with that!
            I am still relearning how to do a lot of things sober. I've tackled 5pm, cooking, kids homework, all those chores made slightly more pleasant with a cocktail. Unfortunately my garden/outdoors looks like crap and I used to have a beautiful yard. My favorite thing in the world was 5pm, cocktail in hand, watering my flowers. I will relearn that and enjoying just simply watering someday...baby steps Just grateful to remain hangover free, it really is a wonderful gift we give ourselves!:l
            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

This time its different!

Hi River,
              I too used to work in my garden with drink reaily available. I find now that I get a lot more done without the alcohol. If your gardens don't look as good as before, it maybe because you are tackling other things that need to be done that you were avoiding. Alcohol is often an illusion that we create.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

This time its different!

Slimey Limey, you are a star!!! I am so proud of you girl!
                Love Farting x
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

This time its different!

Double Didgits!! Well done limers!:goodjob:
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

This time its different!

Oh My Sweet Limer, You have got the perfect attitude that will make sure you succeed ...you are on your way to a happier, healthier SOBER life and you SOOO deserve it..Blessings to you and your new life..
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

This time its different!

Congrta Limers, my lil SD!
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

This time its different!

Great perspective, Limers! I was thinking about this whole question/problem that you raise, about the expectations we sometimes have about being AF (nirvana! paradise! effortless life!) and wonder where they come from... after all, people who don't have alcohol problems DO have all kinds of OTHER problems. Their lives are not perfect. Why is it that we expect that ours should be... ? Partly, I think it is a way that our alcoholic minds have to create an excuse to drink again. Resentment is very often a trigger for drinking, and sometimes we feel resentment if we have done the really enormous task of getting off of an addictive substance, and then we don't get the rewards we (sort of secretly) think we deserve... So then we think, HEY! Might was well have a damn DRINK!!

I know it's something I need to be very careful about...

wip

Comment

This time its different!

Great job, Limers! As well as a wonderful attitude!

Comment

This time its different!

Good Job Limers! You are growing as a person and I bet that feels damn good! Yes, we have good days and bad days sober or drinking, but sober we approach our LIFE problems with more clarity, less exaggerated emotion and more rationally. I applaud you, Limers. It sounds like you have turned a corner in your life! Krigs
                            "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

This time its different!

Limers. that is an awesome attitude and absolutely what is needed to win this battle.
                              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Working...
                              X