Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Support....

:new:

Well I must say that I am so glad that I found this website, it has given me the inspiration that I needed to get my life back. I have been fighting this demon for a while now and as you can see by my sign on I travel extensively. Oct 9th 2008 is day #2 AF with many more to follow. I had gastric by-pass 3 years ago and appear to have substituded one compulsion with another, ie from over eating to over drinking. Thanks for this site and my continued well being.

:thanks:
    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Looking for Support....

Frequent traveler,

Welcome, you will find lots of support here and I wish you the best. Trading addictions seems to be very common so you should find others here that can help you with that too. Good luck!
    Pepper

Comment

Looking for Support....

Thanks for joining us FT! Do you fly? I used to be a frequent flier back in 1999-2002, booking 100k plus per year. I miss going to new cities now.

Comment

Looking for Support....

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

Looking for Support....

Welcome Traveller!!!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Looking for Support....

Thanks so much for the quick responses, love the support.

Comment

Looking for Support....

Yes! Welcome, traveler! Read alot, post often. You will get all the support you need here. We know exactly what you are going through! Glad you are with us!
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Looking for Support....

Hello Traveler and welcome, glad you found this place. You will get all the help and support you want here, congratulations on being AF for 2 days, and as you say, many more to follow.
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Looking for Support....

Congrats on Day 2. Stick around. You will lots of great advice and support here. Do you have the MWO book? That is a great place to start. Looking forward to your future posts.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Looking for Support....

:hello2::colorwelcome::wave::groupluv:
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Looking for Support....

Again thanks, day #3 is starting as I am in Taiwan right now. No I don't have the MWO book but will look for it as it sounds good also how about the CD's? Just looking for stuff to do while in the hotel as not to "feel sorry" for myself stuff.

Comment

Looking for Support....

Welcome FT
                        Congratulations on Day 3. This is a wonderful site with many who have been in your shoes. You will receive great support and advice.

Comment

Looking for Support....

Welcome aboard! Great place to be!
                          (Time2, I'm following you around the boards - you're one post ahead of me on everything tonight) - consider me your stalker - LOL!
                          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Looking for Support....

We all have our own addictions. The site helps us understand each other.
                            Welcome.

Comment

Looking for Support....

:welcome:
                              Frequent Traveler!
                              I can completely relate. I too had gastric bypass in '04 and just transfered the addiction. I am not completley AF, but have started working toward moderation. I have begun taking Topamax to help with the cravings and find it to be a great help. I am now up to 75 mg's per day. I take 25 mg's each morning and 50 mg's in the afternoon. I still have a couple drinks in the evening, but the taste is so different and I do not get drunk each night like before. I have a high stress job and would find myself drinking to almost oblibivion most every night and would use my job as an excuse. I find that the Topa really helps and am hoping that once I get the mg's up a bit more my cravings will be completley gone, but I am waiting for biktoberfest before I up my dosage as I ride a motocycle and I don't want to take any chances with slow reactions on my ride to Daytona. As of yet, I have not really had much side affects. Here and then a few loss for words, but I quickly substatute. A bit of forgetfulness but nothing out of the ordinary and some loss of appatite, which is not always bad. I do sleep like a baby and I love that. I have had sleep problems for years and this is the first time I have slept good in I don't know how long. Anyway, that's my story for the most part. And I think all the support we can give each other the better, so welcome, Good Luck, and Stay Strong!

Comment

Working...
                              X