My dog is ill :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dog is ill :(

Hi all, O2M has advised me to post a a thread about this.
    Im in the UK and one of my Sammy's seems to be very poorly, panting through his nose and very lethargic.
    He's drinking a little bit of water, but is off his food.
    I wont have any money til next thursday, but am not eligible for the PDSA as they only take people who are claiming housing benefit.
    I dont particularly want to have to watch my dog be ill for the next 6 days... is it possible to give him a half of paracetamol?
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

My dog is ill

Hi again, Ive phoned the vets and am just going to take him in.. my debit card will just have to go into debt.. im not bothered.
    Now all i need is someone to help me lift him cos i dont think i can carry him
    will post back later with any news
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

My dog is ill

Chelle, good luck, I really wouldnt give your dog paracetamol I am glad you are taking him to the vets. I hope hes ok
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

My dog is ill

Well, I had to leave him at the vets. They're giving him a general anaesthetic and going to investigate. I have to ring up in a couple of hours to find out what's what.
        My other Sammy looks a bit 'lost' at the mo.. he's never been without his pal

Comment

My dog is ill

Never rains but it pours, eh...

Im im still in horrible pain through dental surgery
          My fiance is still threatening to leave
          My poor dog is ill
          My other dog is so nervous without his friend that he's peeing all over the kitchen
          Vet's fees looks set to be ?300

Comment

My dog is ill

On the plus side... I have no desire to drink AT ALL.

Comment

My dog is ill

Hi chelle12 ,
              im so sorry to hear about your dog. you did the right thing by taking your dog to the vets. I hope he is ok im sure they will make him better. Good for you for not thinking about drinking. stay strong sending you lots of strength your way.:l

Take care

Love
              Teardrop.x
              family is everything to me

Comment

My dog is ill

Chelle, my thoughts are with you, you are going through such a shite time....
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

My dog is ill

Dearest Chelle, I know how bad it feels to have our FUR PEOPLE hurting...They are such unconditional love and support...They absorb your feelings like a sponge, so never doubt that they know they are loved...Hope the Vet has good news for you...Sounds like you really need some good news, right now...Be proud that the stress didn't trigger DRINK...Well done, my pal..
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

My dog is ill

You really do have your plate full at the mo, so good on you for holding onto your AF-ness with all your might.

Thinking of you.
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

My dog is ill

Hi Guys and thanks for your support,
                      Im just playing the 'waiting game' now and keeping my other Flufter company.. who still looks a little bit lost on his own.
                      Was told to ring the vets at 2.30 (its nearly 2pm here now) so not much longer to wait. What worried me the most was whether he would pull through the anaesthetic, because you hear so many stories of dogs' hearts stopping whilst under, and Casey is 9 years old and not as strong as he used to be.

Comment

My dog is ill

Chelle-I hope your fur baby gets better soon. Keep your chin up-you can get through this.

Comment

My dog is ill

Rang vets and I have to go down at 4 to talk with vet. Receptionist wouldn't give much away on the phone - I had to ask 'well, is he alright?' and she just said 'oh yes fine no problems..'
                          So I guess I just wait and see.
                          Trouble is, got to pick up son at 4pm and take him to piano lesson fr 4.30.. going to be a rush!, so my dad is helping out.

Comment

My dog is ill

Aw.. my other Samoyed Harvey is sitting on my foot watching the front door.

Comment

My dog is ill

We will be anxious to hear. Said a prayer for your sweet pup and you! So glad you have found stregnth in the face of these troubled times. Sending support and love your way.
                              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X