AF Army 12th October 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good that she asked loads of questions One - I think that means she cares about what happens to the pups she has bred. Some people just want the $$$$ and couldn't give a toss where their pups end up.
    It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

If your cat box is big enough - that will probably do him until he grows up and then you can get him a bigger one later -

Comment

YAY - we are getting are own MWO dog!!

Comment

I like the crates that are all wire, all over, not the ones that are so closed in... what do you think, Zeppie?

Comment

Zeppie2;439230 wrote: If your cat box is big enough - that will probably do him until he grows up and then you can get him a bigger one later -
            But is it a cat CARRYING box, not a cat LITTER box????

Comment

I have both sorts WIP - Ones like that and smaller plastic one's for wee pups. The wire ones are cool because they fold down for storage. In saying that I have covers for the wire ones so it's more private for the dog when he's resting.

Comment

Don't put him in the cat litter box One - I'm sure Puss would like nothng better than pooping on him.

Comment

one2many;439238 wrote: Do i put him in the crate at night? and close the door...ahhhh jaysus, he will be frightened?
                  Just put the crate right by your bed so he can smell you and put the doorway toward you so he can see you.... I always slept with my hand actually dangling down so the puppy knew I was there; in early days I used an open box tall enough so he could not get out and open at the top so I could let my hand be down in the box next to Puppy! Yes he will be lonesome at first and you won't get much sleep at first!

wip

Comment

He wont be frightened. Start as you mean to go on, be consistent.
                    You can give him one of your jumpers, a teddy or even a ticking alarm clock to help comfort him on his first few nights.
                    Really important about the food, changes will upset his tummy.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Oney, NEVER EVER GIVE HIM CHOCOLATE ITS POISONOUS FOR DOGS.....

Comment

No he won't be frightened One!!! Get that thought out of your head right now.

He will cry for a few nights as he will be wondering where his mum and brothers are, but don't give into him. Just give him a hot water bottle under his blanky for warmth - some people put a ticking clock in the bed as well (meant to be like his mammys heart beat).

Comment

I would start him off as you mean to go on, rather than starting one way and then changing

Comment

what you gonna call the doggie?

Comment

He he - Me Start and WIP are all Barbara Woodhouses!

Comment

You gotta read loads of books about doggy care too. and training. You are lucky having a pup, you can bring him up how you want him to be.
                                I have always taken in adults with issues. Cannot always rehabilitate them to "normal" standards. Still love them like my own children though

Comment

Working...
                                X