• Show
Clear All

AF Army 12th October 2008

Yes, a wagon train to FL!
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

kriger;438975 wrote: I hear ya WIP...let's form a wagon train to Florida! LTG, Do you want to join us? WIP, I was talking to LTG about us three getting together sometime since we are fairly close to one another. Wouldn't that be fun?
      That would be great!

Comment

My inlaws are in FL and they have a fishing boat we could use.
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Kennel registry probably.
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

probably some kind of breed registration? like AKC over here (American Kennel Club)?

Comment

LookingToGrow;438982 wrote: My inlaws are in FL and they have a fishing boat we could use.
              Where in Florida?

Comment

one2many;438946 wrote: WIP...what a fabulous pic, you pretty Little national Velvet head.
                hahaha! D'you like that lovely headband? I'd forgotten all about wearing those things! Always up on whatever is stylish, that's me!

p.s. no I do not still wear headbands....

Comment

A Work in Progress;438986 wrote: Where in Florida?
                  They are in Sebring.
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Yes, O2M, it's a good thing.
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

one2many;438992 wrote: So thats a good thing then?? Sorry guys for all the questions.
                      It's a good thing IF you want to show the dog! Otherwise it doesn't mean much. Sometimes purebred dogs are not the best option, if what you want is a pet!

Comment

one2many;438998 wrote: I am such a feckin novice, i want to arm myself with as much info as I can before I get the dog, coz I wanna commit 100% to giving it a happy home, I guess, i just wanna do it right.....
                        That's good! People really screw up sometimes getting a dog without doing all the right homework!

OK I must get out of this house and go do something. Lunch date today with one of my former students. And it's a pretty day NO SNOW yet, I'd better get out and enjoy it.

Later.

Comment

A Work in Progress;438995 wrote: It's a good thing IF you want to show the dog! Otherwise it doesn't mean much. Sometimes purebred dogs are not the best option, if what you want is a pet!
                          I like the rescued mixed type myself.
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

O2M, we had a yellow lab when Hanna was born and she was great with her - but a bit big.
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

If you go to the shelter, the attendants will already know the temperments of the dogs and will be able to point you to the ones who will be good with children. This way you will have no surprises, O2. You will get a good dog that needs you. I had a beagle growing up-beautiful dog with great coloring but they bey at the moon at night. Our neighbors hated our dog-we all slept thru it. Dogs are such wonderful friends to have...I envy you!
                              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

I lived in a condo when we first adopted Punky. It worked out well because she was 6 or 7 and had been found with 2 broken legs so she wasn't that active at the time. By the time we bought the house she just enjoyed laying outside in the sun. Some one had trained her well before she got out and broke her legs.
                                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X