Same Old Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same Old Story

Thought I was doing pretty well. Had a couple of pretty good days in a row and was feeling good about it. Then a friend came over and I was cooking and one glass of wine followed another and by the time we sat down I was slurring and having trouble stringing a sentence together. Dumb! Same old story...same old pattern. Starting all over today.
    The Harlequin -- Good for a Laugh!

Same Old Story

As long as you don't give up you are making progress. Use this as an example of what you don't want to happen and a learning experience. You can do this and there are many here that are living proof!!!

Comment

Same Old Story

If it was easy, we wouldn't all be on this forum, right? You found a trigger and just need to make a plan to avoid it next time.

On of the bad parts of going AF, is that the part of you that want's to drink becomes very compelling. I never thought I was a binge drinker before I started doing AF days. But now, one little crack in that door and it swings wide open and the whole cause is lost. Some say this problem goes away over time, others say it doesn't.

Just something more to work on. Pick up and keep going. You can't change the past, but you CAN change the future.

Comment

Same Old Story

Boss.man;439079 wrote: If it was easy, we wouldn't all be on this forum, right?.....
        You can't change the past, but you CAN change the future.
        Nice one Boss!

Look back & learn
        Look forward & plan
        Right now keep safe
        Stay close to us, we need you

Gold
        :sun:

Comment

Same Old Story

[QUOTE=Boss.man;439079]If it was easy, we wouldn't all be on this forum, right? You found a trigger and just need to make a plan to avoid it next time.

Soooo right, Boss!
          The Harlequin -- Good for a Laugh!

Comment

Same Old Story

Harlequin -

It's great that you know how good it feels to string those couple of days together! Those good feelings and great support here are a recipe for success! Keep it up!
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
            X