This is my day one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my day one

I figured if I actually announce it, I might accept some responsibility. I'm tired of hiding behind the drink. I really need to face the emotional crap. It has been 6 years since my divorce, and here I am alone, tired, and feel like I have no value. I am not dwelling on the divorce, I am dwelling on the fact that I am not moving forward. I am in the same rut I was last year, the year before that, and the year before that.
    Well that's it: no more!!! I left work early today so I can curl up with my ice cream, watch Sex and the City, hopefully have a good laugh and cry, and then hang up my towel of emotional BS. I refuse to allow myself to be embarrassed, humiliated, and my self esteem slaughtered because I can't live up to anyone else's ideal. I am a good person and I deserve to be treated with kindness and respect. I WILL do this.
    Welcome Day 1.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

This is my day one

good for you girlie...stick with it! Come on the af army...

Comment

This is my day one

That IS a cracking attitude...Day 1 is always the best..Its when things start to get better..:l
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

This is my day one

lukalee;440325 wrote: I am a good person and I deserve to be treated with kindness and respect. I WILL do this.
        Great attitude!!!! That's what it's going to take...that and a lot of planning and determination!!!

Stay strong!!
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

This is my day one

Hey Lukalee,
          Enjoy the ice cream and tears. Polish your toenails -- that will help! (I need to do the same) Call me if you need to. It will get better.

xoxo
          CS

Comment

This is my day one

Awesome Attitude! That's what it takes! Enjoy day one and beyone!
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

This is my day one

Luka, girl, I am in your corner. It is so empowering when we can change our own attitudes!

Your post so reminds me of when I started here. It was just a matter of "screw it, I want my life back". You sound like you are ready. Well done.

Don't know if you are an Aerosmith fan or not, but if you are not familiar with them then please try to listen (or look up the lyrics) to their song "Amazing". It's your new found attitude and maybe it will continue to inspire you as it does me.

Hang tough, sweetie!! You can do this!!

Love, Me
              :l:l:l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

This is my day one

lukalee! Good for you. Today is also day one, or actually 2 for me after a good 47 days AF. I screwed up on Saturday in a BIG way, but I am determined to get back on track and feel good again like I had the past 47 days. So, welcome aboard and we are ALL here for you!

Mich
                :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

This is my day one

Hey luk.......:l

Of course you`ll do it.......we`ll help ya.

Star x
                  Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

This is my day one

Wow, i never ceased to be impressed by the support and quality of everyone here, not to mention fighting spirit. Am determined to make tomorrow (wednesday) my first day. have had enough. slipped up last 3 months after 2 and a half mths. off, so i know i can do it, and realise now from these experiences that i can't moderate. a freeing realisation that, somehow. Good luck Luka and Mich.....love to all, Greg.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

This is my day one

Guitarista-

Congrats on the 2 and a half months! You did it before and you will succeed again!

And the best to you too Lukalee.

Comment

This is my day one

Congrats on starting Day 1!!
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

This is my day one

Youre the Best Luks and you are gonna do it. Remember the Make My day Punk thread that helped me so much all because of you!!!!!! forever greatful
                          Love cap

Comment

This is my day one

Yay, nothing like resolve to get you going, and now you have it!
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

This is my day one

good on ya! good luck and keep the faith!
                              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Working...
                              X