Hallowe'en

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallowe'en

Lots of you with kids here... so anyone got anything planned?

My son is 13 now, so not as excited as I am, though I'll still be making a fuss. I remember last year, I made a buffet and settled down to watch "The Fog" with him (I know its a 15 rated, but I watched it first and it doesn really show anything gory).
    We had ice cream floats in skeleton glasses too
    And chocolate 'ghouls'.

I always have a big bowl of sweets next to the front door too, cos the neighbourhood kids make a bee-line for my house...
    Maybe something to do with the gargoyle outside, the witch in the window and the pumpkins in the lobby and attic window...lol.
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Hallowe'en

not sure if I'm doing it this year, or whether mum will be. If I'm not I'll pretend not to be in!!
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hallowe'en

Not exactly "hallowe'en related" but remember when the last Harry Potter film got released at cinema? (in UK), well me and my son got dressed up in cloaks to go and see it we looked well spooky, lol...
      and got a lot of comments that night!
      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Hallowe'en

That's cool! I'll bet you did get a lot of good comments! Enjoy it...he looks about the end of those years...after that he won't really want much to do with you/us...

We will miss Halloween this year as G and I are flying to Paris that night. The kids are off in college (US college) and we made the reservations before everything collapsed so we need to go through with it or lose all our deposits and tickets.

In terms of drinking it will be a real trial for me!!!!

Har
        The Harlequin -- Good for a Laugh!

Comment

Hallowe'en

I love your outfits, so cool. I've still got young ones, and I love dressing up. We'll probably get all dressed up and trick or treat around the neighborhood. Halloween is one of my fave holidays, I love the dressing up part.
          MM

Comment

Hallowe'en

That's one thing I actually really miss about my kids getting older - I used to make them all costumes - I have some really cool ones, and now dress my nieces/nephews up in them when they come through town. I will miss it this year - road trip to see my daughter for her b-day on Nov1.

I wouldn't worry about your son watching a 15 rated movie. My kids watched adult and even some restricted movies at an even younger age. They seem to get used to the gorry, yucky movies that I can't handle. Plus, when my youngest guy was 15, he went and saw The 40 Year Old Virgin - IN THE THEATRE!! What???? Isn't that restricted?????

Peanut

Comment

Hallowe'en

Chelle,

You and your son are just scrumptious!!!!

I guess I'm a big kid at heart cause I have an adults only costume party at my house every year, it is fun fun fun!!!! I don't like gross or scary things but I love costumes! I will have a drink or two on this night but I definitely have guests that do not drink any alcohol and LOVE the party and festivities.

Who is dressing up and what will you be???? I would love to know!

Luvya,

Myheart
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

Hallowe'en

A Hula girl (I brought the grass skirt and coconut shell bra back from hawaii!) Must find a way to keep warm though as I will be running in this costume!

Comment

Hallowe'en

MyHeartIsDrenchedInWine;443669 wrote:
                  Who is dressing up and what will you be???? I would love to know!
                  I'll be wearing one of my corsets (love corsets!) and BIG long floaty black velvet skirt.. I love the Victoriana look

Spent most of last night's Asda trip in the Hallowe'en aisle...lol... got lotsa goodies!

Comment

Hallowe'en

yo 12,enjoy them well there yung,nc pic,he will soon be bringing the ladies home hahahha,then halloween begins,i like Halloween mike myers blood and gore,heheh hav a good on gyco

Comment

Hallowe'en

Chelle , I make a big deal of halloween to , make a jug of "rats piss"....which is like 7 up dyed red with jelly worms and stuff in it . I make bloodshot eyeball buns , skelly shaped pizza , carve a pumpkin for every room and we watch a scary film or two. Right outside our door there is always a big firework display about 7pm and its great crack...love , love , love hallowe'en!

Comment

Hallowe'en

Students choose "mad scientist" for the teacher costume contest. I'm a science teacher so not too much of a stretch for me...I guess I'll go as myself (with a few adornments).
                        sigpic

Comment

Hallowe'en

one2many;443762 wrote: I need recipes for that Limers!
                          no problem i WILL DIG THEM OUT AND POST THEM UP LATER.

Comment

Hallowe'en

I now have an orange ghost hanging up on the staircase banister...lol. Got it from asda... looks cute. He's staring at my two crows that are perched on the columns in the hall.

Comment

Working...
                            X