Why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ?

Why do you suppose we choose to drink? I mean besides normal triggers. I did 30 days AF in May and feel off the wagon little by little. I joined AA about 2 months ago and have gone about 3 weeks AF. Sat I over drank, Monday and last night. Sat we were out with friends so I understand my slip. Monday and last night ????? My therapist has me use HALT......Never be to Hungry...Angry....Lonely....or Tired. I don't think I was any of those, I just felt like a drink. Problem is it's never A drink. Any advise for those situations ? Thanks

Why ?

I think if any of us knew the answer we wouldnt be here...
    Kat my dear ...you are not alone!

Comment

Why ?

Kat, My husband always just want to know "Why". I never could explain it! I still can't. I just know that there is no such thing as one drink or a few for me. It was all or nothing. So... I choose nothing. It's just the best thing I can do for me and those I love. If you find the answer, please let me know.

Hugs!
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Why ?

After a 4 day binge, the only question i keep asking myself is why? When i find the answer ill be on my way to recovery.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Why ?

Thanks guys, Its comforting to know I'm not alone.

Comment

Why ?

I am with Best.

It doesn't matter what the reason or why.

Hubby reminded me today of stuff I did 30 years ago.

Okay. I have kidded myself that I was a hardcore alcoholic after my gastric bypass. Yes, that is true. However, I was an alcoholic before that. I was the "one" everyone sent the drinks to on the table.

I was the "one" everyone relied on to get "sh@t faced" drunk.

I am the one everyone relied on to get the stuff done, too.

Damn. I am the drunk who can do it all. SHIT!!!

I hate that.

I am the one who can do stuff no one else can do. Ummmm.

Really.

They try but they can't.

I am TIRED of being the "go to girl." TIRED OF IT.

I am just a person like everyone else here. I work hard, I do what I must for my client, ( okay more than what I must ) and I sleep.

That is me.
            Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
            X