I think reality is starting to set in..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been, and am, so up for my start date on the 27th..But tonight has been different...My mind has started wondering and looking to the future....I have been here long enough..Been in this position long enough to know that the pro's far out weigh the cons...

I know that my family comes before anything..

I know its far over due that i become the dad that i know i can be..The husband Lisa deserves..

So why...Why...Am i starting to be selfish and think that after the 27th..I can never go out of a night and enjoy a night out..

I put myself through this last time..Torturing myself..Telling myself...Thats it now..you had your chance...you had your fun...you fucked up mate and you blew it..

This is my main problem...I look to far ahead...i should look at the immediate benefits...enjoy them..and continue enjoying them...I just get weak points like tonight...Thinking....im 32...and it's game over..

I dunno...i got...like a lot of people here...absolute shit loads going through my head..Too much to process at the moment..

I know im doing the right thing...Its just so final..
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Aw Mackie, don't you worry tiger, there is life w/o alcohol, it's not a sentence not to have fun, it's a chance to remember it! You will stop drinking because you want to experience all life has to offer, which you can't do in an alcoholic daze. I think you will feel younger, Mack! :l

Comment

Awww Macks.........I know exactly what you mean. Well, I guess this does have a sense of finality to it, but.........IT IS ONE GREAT FINAL!!! Trust me. :l

Star x
      Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

You have to stop looking at it like you are depriving yourself of something.....on the contrary...you are finally stopping something that has been hurting you and stopping your progress!

It IS all about you, and you growing and getting better instead of being stuck in a hopeless rut....

It's all in your frame of mind.....it will get better everyday.....I promise.

Don

Comment

Hey Mackers, that is EXACTLY what I thought and yes, you are thinking too far ahead. Ease up buddy, there IS life after alcohol. Yes, its different but it is SO much better. Even so, stop the thoughts if you can. Thinking can be more destructive than alcohol I find )
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Macks,

No. I am not going to post the "you can do this and you will be this..."

All I want to say is this.

If you keep drinkiing, what will happen?

If you quit drinking what will happen?

I am with you, Macks. You and your little jumping devil. Seriously. I am with you 24/7. I know.

I am tired of the "if you keep drinking what happens?? because I know."

I look at my "botom" and I know how deep it can go. Anyone, the botton is really deap. Deeper than a familly can accept.

We can do this because NOT DOING THIS HURTS YOU ME AND OUR LOVED ONES BIG TIME.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

One important question is, just what's so great about drinking? Not much, IMHO.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hi mac,number one never mind anyone else you cant make them be happy if your not,1st lesson,2nd lesson what you have is a personall thing can only really be treated by YOU,by the way i like your posts and i like you,and im gonna say it,i no your good on the computor,a shit never mind all print it for you,only cause i think your OK,so listen ,no read,its just a poem,not by me,but i listened to it to it for 30 days ,in a sanatarium,health centre now as they say,and it makes sense i also met a lot of people like you who were very DOWN, there are 2 days in every week about which we should not worry,2 days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension,one of these days is yestrday,with its mistakes and cares,its faults and blunders,and its aches and pains,yestrday has passed forever beyond are control,all the money in the world,cannot bring back yestrday,we cannot undo a single act we performed,we cant erase a single word we said , yetrday is Gone,the other day not to worry about is tomorrow,with its possible burdens and advesaries,its large promises and poor performance,tomorrow is beyond our control,tomorrows sun will rise,either in splender or behind the clouds,BUT it will rise,until it does ,we have no stake in Tomorrow,for yet is unborn,tht only leaves 1 day,today,and anyone canbattle but one day,it is when you and i add the burdens of those eternities,yestrday and tomorrow, tht we stumble,it is not the xperience of today tht brakes people down,it is the remorse or bitterness for somthing which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow will bring,SO live only for one day at a time ,for you my freind and it didnt take an hour hahha have a great weeknd gyco dang im lernin hope it is rt

Comment

I just want to add that at 32, you are SO young!!!

Comment

I am a hell of a lot carmer and optamistic now...The intial surge of adrenalin..Passed today...Thoughts of family get togethers...Christmas ...birthdays...Even the though of lisa going out...without me in the future...Messed with my head...

I am more upbeat now...I feel like a dickhead for sitting on the couch tonight and giving my family one word answers...

THAT'S why im doing what im doing...ONE WORD ANSWERS...What the fuck???

Thanks guys...I appreciate so much what you do...

ONEY....Thanks for taking the time to post such an awsome post...It means a lot:l

Comment

Thanks Gyco..

You are exactly right...Its hard to see sometimes...When your in the haze..

ThX buddy

Comment

we are sold the lies about alcohol from day fecking one ...everything enjoyable is associated with a few drinks , bbqs , birthdays, christmas...we are brain washed to believe it...we need to reprogramme ourselves and it takes time but it can be done and your in the process of doing it.

Comment

Macks, you haven't screwed it up and you haven't blown it. You (just like me) were one of the unlucky few who were saddled with a drinking problem.

So, our choice is to continue on down that road and constantly hope that things will change on their own (knowing full well they won't), or make the kind of change in our lives that will lead to true happiness not only for you but for your family as well.

That's the way that you need to look into the future. Look at Christmas with Lisa and the kids, you are sober, and you are all grateful that you can enjoy the holiday as a family. You're not focused on YOU not being able to drink anymore. The fun part, as I am discovering, is being able to look back at holidays and remember sober ones that have passed.

There's a whole new life out there for you, big guy. Embrace what you are going to gain, not what you are going to lose.....
                          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

One 2...that was a fantastic post......it's been a joy to watch you....

Don

Comment

Mack- I am in the same boat as you- my quit date is November the third when my new business opens.

I quit for 2 years (10 years ago) and after 4 months it became very easy to be AF. After 7 months, I just DID NOT want a drink, period. I stopped thinking about it- I went to bars with my friends and enjoyed myself immensely- most were drinking, a few were not, it never occurred to me to drink- I didn't want to.

I messed up when I met a man who persuaded me to have a beer or two as he did not like drinking alone- I did it to please him. What a fool I was.

But it is possible to have a good time without Al- I know because I have done it, and we will get there

Comment

Working...
                              X