Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many had AF time before?

MM,

The only times I was a year AF was through my two pregnancies and nursing my babies. I guess maternal mode just took over with such a force that I never touched a drop, Thank God! Other than that I've only achieved up to a week AF. I am able to mod but it takes a concious effort.

Luvya,

Myheart
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

Nope I never had any real AF time before MWO other than gaps between binges which I dont count as AF as I wouldnt have physically been able to drink then anyway.
      BH

Comment

Longest time for me was when I was pregnant. Managed to be AF and not smoke throughout the whole time, save for one half of stout (which apparently is supposed to be full of iron and one glass is meant to be good for pregnant women).
        The longest time since then was 2 months last year.. may/june...
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

I did 2 years from around 1996 -1998.

I started again because I met someone who persuaded me to have a drink as he did not like drinking alone.

I really can't believe now that I listened to him.

Comment

In 2004 for 2 months while I was taking morphine ?!?! That was quite easy funnily enough....
            In 2000 for 8 months after scaring myself silly after a drinking binge at christmas and feeling like I wanted to die with depression, then I thought I could moderate and had one glass of wine......and here I am again )
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

It`s interseting to see how this thread is developing........an eye-opener for sure, if we consider how many people have already posted (and there are more on this site in the same position) about having been AF for years..........only to return to drinking again, like myself.

5, 10, 20 AF years down the drain for so many of us and that FIRST drink was truly all it took. We`d need to be totally f***ing crazy to take that first drink ever again.

Star x
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Star, you are right. We are F*****g crazy :-)
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I was AF for about 1 1/2 years in 1996-97 when I was pregnant/nursing. It was very easy--I did not even want to drink...ice cream became my favorite vice. When I started drinking again (1 or 2 glasses of wine in the evening), it took about 2 years to get to the point where I was abusing alcohol. My drinking started to spin out of control after my dad died.

Had another stint of being alcohol free for 7 months in 2006 and then made the mistake of thinking that I could mod...WRONG.

I've been AF for almost 6 months now and have learned alot from my AF stints and my relapses.
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

I barely drank at all for 7 years, then slipped. It was more difficult to get out of the second time.
                    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Absolutley. This time(second) is so much harder than the first time i quit. First time, i just woke up one day and quit, and that was it. This time its been a real struggle at times. But i will do it. I must or i will die. Its that simple for me.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

cymru;444779 wrote: Absolutley. This time(second) is so much harder than the first time i quit. First time, i just woke up one day and quit, and that was it. This time its been a real struggle at times. But i will do it. I must or i will die. Its that simple for me.
                        Same here, this second time has been a long emotional battle.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Well, if we can quit, some of us almost effortlessly, when pregnant or nursing..........proves we all have the strength to quit. And lots of fathers-to-be quit in support of their partner. Yip........if we can all do it for the good of an unborn child.........we can all do it for ourselves.

Star x

Comment

Also, many of us say that a subsequent quit is harder than the first, but one thing for sure.........I know for a fact that I don`t have a THIRD quit in me, so no!!!!........no "first" drink for me ever again.

Star x

Comment

Half full or half empty.......I was never that deep to contemplate that, the problem was that the glass was never completely empty !! IAD.
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

My new Mantras: No First drink For Me! AND No First Cigartette For Me!
                                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X