how many had AF time before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was AF for both pregnancies and for 2 months during basic training for the military. Aside from that I've done 2 30 days and several 3 or 5 or 7 days but nothing major. I'm on day 2 AF again. I'm beginning to learn I probably can't mod. I'm just taking today right now, I can't think beyond that.
    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I was AF for 19 years with AA - developed PTSD - couldn't cope and started to drink again and its been four years - I get 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 7 days, 3 days - all over the place - still go to meetings and have increased them recently - had huge bender Wednesday which was way off the pole - not even drunk - crazy, out of control, aggressive and violent towards my brother - Day 2 again - and I hope that's the last of it. Can't share the relapse in AA - either too proud or too scared. I am so glad that there are other support groups I can contact on this. I am honest with my medical support on PTSD about the relapses. Its been devastating for me to watch my relapse and despite the pain of it still turn to alcohol for what I perceive as relief - but the effect on me and on others is now too much to bear - keep this up and it will be a detox or a night in the police cells - that may not be everyone's potential experience but in the summer a girlfriend was locked up for drunk and disorderly - she is the same age as me - almost 50 - what in hell do I think I am doing placing myself in the same situation??? I am pretty low with myself right now - Day 2 and still feel appalled by my bender - and you know what - I was in blackout and have no recollection whatosever of this abuse of my brother. Need help or what?

Comment

fjones,

I have no idea what to say so I just want to give you a big :l
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Well, honesty IS the best policy. You arent fooling yourself or anyone else. Does your medical support have suggestions for relief besides alcohol?
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
          X