AF Army 18th October 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all, I'm still in Arkansas, which is beautiful right now. I am near the White River; here's a view from just a few feet away from my hotel room:

And here is what the water looks like: it is incredibly clear. People come here to fish, from all over the country.

Cy I am so glad you are back, and am thinking about you and everyone here who is dealing with such incredibly difficult stuff: Sea and Hipps especially come to mind, too, but I know that's not everyone.

Keep on being strong, OK? Nobody ever looked back on a difficult time, and wished they HAD been drinking.... right?

wip

Comment

What a beautiful place WIP. Thank you for thinking of me. I am just trying to live in the solution. I know that drinking won't do anything but make me feel like crap. Got my "sober" plans in place for today. Hope you are enjoying your time in Arkansas.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

WIP, you are in one of the areas my husbo and I are looking for mini resorts to purchase. See any for sale signs?...LOL!!
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Got wrapped up in posting the pics, forgot to say I had a bit of a struggle last night about drinking. The guy I was here to see took me out to dinner at a very nice place. It was me, the guy (I am his business client) and his wife. They of course started by looking at the wine menu, and I had known all day that this would likely be happening at dinner. I had all the usual thoughts... hey, what's a single glass of wine, it is embarrassing to refuse, it is a bit rude to refuse... But I practiced what I would say, and remembered WHY I DON'T DRINK, and it all went very smoothly.

Whew. Another bullet dodged.

Comment

Way to Go WIP!!
            Though situations are always tough. I must get something to eat and get some sleep. I am going to a meeting tonight and then I am going to watch The Boston Red Sox play baseball with my manfriend from AA. Have a Great Day all. I am just going to take a short nap, so I will check back in in a few hours.:l

Comment

WIP, you are one strong person! :wings:
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Wipster, I am proud of you!!!
                Hi Sea, Hipps, LTG, KP.

Nose back to essay grindstone now for a bit (((( bored with this now.....
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Starting! You having a good day?
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

.....oh I forgot Deebers!!!! How could I do that. Hi Deebers! Did check you were ok on mod squad tho' so I didnt really forget ya!.

See u all in a bit....

Comment

WIP is here now to be your consultant SO. She is such a smartie. I am off to nap now. Talk to you all soon.

Comment

Yay WIP, I have been waiting for some pics - what a stunning place. I am going to save up all my twak money next year so I can get meself over there.
                        Another bullet dodged - shew, well done WIP. But like you have always told me, if we think it through and have a plan in place we will succeed.

Hipps, great to see you. Sounds like you have a plan in place - good on ya! Enjoy every minute with Jasmine.

CY, I have found (the hard way) to face up to my financial obligations, and not stick my head in the sand and ignore them till they become too huge to deal with definetly causes me less anxiety and stress. You sound like you have a good plan together, well done for not being an osrich!

I know I'm forgettting something, but I am now running late, so have a great evening everyone!
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I am doing an essay LTG. I havent studied for 30 years and even when i did i wasnt very good. lol So struggling a bit I guess. Still, I am proud of myself for giving it a go so onwards and upwards )
                          Oh yes, I am studying psychology. Very interesting too.

Hows u tdy?

Comment

Seacailin;444852 wrote: WIP is here now to be your consultant SO. She is such a smartie. I am off to nap now. Talk to you all soon.
                            And that is why I want to study psychology. the knowledge and skills that wipster has have just blown me away...

Sleep well SeaSaw

Comment

Sounds interesting!

Hi DeeBee!
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hi all,
                                WOW, Some of our Veteran AF soldiers (WIP and Start) still have some thoughts of AL occasionally, but they know how to get through....they plan ahead. It just goes to show that the BEAST is always there waiting for a weak moment....we've got to keep on kicking his butt!
                                Hi to Cy, Oney, Alfie, DB,LTG Sea, Hip, Gyco, Evie
                                I am on day 6 NS....my cough seems to be getting better...I am a little TENSE!!! KriggenBottom
                                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X