AF Army 19th October 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruby... get that garlic/chillie into you girl! unless you're allergic to it? then i suppose it's herbal tea! lol.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I LOVE garlic and chili, the hotter the better!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey Gyco. G'day there. just want to say i enjoy your post's and i hope you're well .. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hello all , Im afraid I got drun last night so Im starting all over again but cest la vie, im just going to keep moving on with this af thing cos this time I was doing so much better than last time .
          One day I will get my 30 day cake off Cy!

Comment

By the way Hippie , your looking rather dapper today!

Comment

Ruby. you're speakin' my language !.....there used to be a curry house near me that had a heat rating of 1 to 13. 1 being super hot for the non believer's. if you ordered a '5', you'd get your photo on the wall. i went a 5. twas wild!... nostril's clearing, tears welling from 10 paces.

Comment

limer's.. a big hello to you!... get a curry into ya! G.

Comment

im thinking about it G!

Comment

I'm falling and need to make some kind of connection i reckon. am strong, but stubborn, and embarressed.

Comment

Good afternoon all. Feeling alot better this afternoon. Couldnt sleep atall last night, so took a sleeping tab at 1, that knocked me out until 12 today, so i feel alot more refreshed. Woke up to a big plate of scrambled egg on toast made by my G/F. What a star! Gotta say, shes been alot more caring since my last cock up. No shouting or leaving me, just alot of love. Dont know if i deserve it, but i feel so gratefull for it.
                      Anyways, laptop is going back to G/F's for a bit, so have a great day all.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi G, Rubes, Limers, Hipps, OneTwo... is that everyone so far? Ruby, welcome back! Hipps, you are sounding good, man-friend! Limers, it's great you are bouncing immediately back into the fray after drinking; do you have ideas about how it happened, and what to do when it starts looking as if you are tempted to do that again? A specific situation, or triggers you could work with or around?

G, glad you are making connection(s) here. That is absolutely vital to recovery. Many of us are strong and stubborn, and also embarrassed, as well... I am certainly like that. It's hard to find ways to get and stay connected with people who will help with alcohol problems, for people like us. It takes work, it isn't always easy at all. Many times since I have been here, I have been right on the edge of walking away... not necessarily because I want to drink, but because it can be so difficult to be in a "community" that sometimes has a bit of conflict and craziness (and drinking) going on within it. But I know that if I were to walk away, I would be in MUCH greater danger of drinking...

So, stick around, OK?

wip

Comment

Hey there Wip. thanks for connecting etc... I've seen the quality of people on this site, and the value of it. I'm here for awhile. and strong enough to share with other's. (and thank's). you well? Greg.

Comment

Wip, I meet an ole friend and it was saturday . I think i need to plan saterdays a bit more , book movie tickets for anything around 7pm, that would take care of my dodgy hours , of couse hubbs isnt always here on a sat but when he is I need a plan, im not letting it get to me , Im going straight back on top , I wasnt counting days anyways and im not going to start now ,jst keep moving foreword . Im off to inlaws to have sunday dinner and i will go to bed early tonight , Im going nail this sooner or later...on a cheery note , hubbs got a servicing(sorry tmi) and hes in great form! Be back later!

Comment

Limers,

Sometimes I forget to quit the counting thing and look at the overall picture.

I have been sober so much more in the last year than I have been in the last 30.

Do I wish I was perfect? You bet.

Am I glad to be here and keep trying? You bet.

The option is bleak. In my case, it is a fight for my life. Truly.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Guitarista;445519 wrote: Hey there Wip. thanks for connecting etc... I've seen the quality of people on this site, and the value of it. I'm here for awhile. and strong enough to share with other's. (and thank's). you well? Greg.
                                Good for you, Greg! Yeah I'm doing very well, it's been a godawful hard year but things seem to be looking up... and that would NOT be true if I had not stopped drinking. Coming up on 90 days AF. Making some changes in my life, major changes, and it's scary but good.

Good for you, Limers, for figuring out your triggers and dangerous times/situations. Sometimes I think I have all of them pretty much figured out... and then something catches me unawares. Takes a lot more work, determination, etc., when that happens.... but I try to keep in mind one of my mantras: I am in control of my behavioral choices, and the choices I make right now will determine the quality of the rest of my life.

Hey, Cinders, sounds like things have been rough lately... did you go off the antabuse? You OK?

Hey Cy, glad you are feeling better today!

I have to go visit Mother today, then have people coming over for Book Club. Better get moving, those guests will want me to give them food... and wine... but I will have a lot of green tea brewed and chilled, and coffee ready to go.... Fortunately, they are not heavy drinkers. The heavy drinker in that crowd was me...

wip

Comment

Working...
                                X