Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well shit

Hey guys!

Day 3 for me. No booze, no cigs. I feel loads better, but I am sick! Swollen glands, sore throat, headache. I deserve it though, my body is rebelling. :H

Anyone else get sick as the result of a bender?

E

Well shit

Just glad to hear you`re on Day 3........well done.

Hope you feel better soon.

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Well shit

Thanks!
      I would rather be sick than hungover. F that.

Comment

Well shit

you are doing it buddy cke123 keep it going it only gets better in time .. now start looking forward to brighter days... forward and move on and learn .. stay strong and think positive
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Well shit

Sorry you're sick, c. You need some homemade chicken soup.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well shit

And, yes!, as far as getting sick there have been times when I thought I was going to die, really. And it only got worse the older I got. Wine in particular made me DEATHLY sick!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well shit

Good job on Day 3!!!!!

I think it's just the time of year for illness....plus your immune system is down from all the drinking. Get some Vit C in you, 1000mgs per day, and that will at least shorten the length and hopefully the strength of the cold.

Baby yourself, and feel better!

Christy
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

Well shit

OH yes, Im always sick as a result from a bender.
                Which basically means Im friggin sick all the time.
                Congrats to you on Day 3!
                ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Well shit

still feeling rough after my bender which finished on we'd night, thurs morn. It gets so much better, mentaly and physicaly.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Well shit

Cke.....Great job on day 3 AF AND no ciggies!!!!

Way to go, girl!

Don

Comment

Well shit

Thanks everyone!!!!

I went to breakfast this AM, and went to a movie with a friend.

Ruby...made the chicken soup, sans the chicken (vegetarian). I made a homeade remedy that I found online....warm water with a fresh lime, salt and honey. Still have really swollen tonsils, but I feel a little more relaxed.

Thanks for all the kind words. love you all!

E

Comment

Well shit

Yep it used to take me at least 3 or 4 days to feel better after a binge. Day 1 was not too bad as I would be completely hungover and just sleep it off. Day 2 I would hate myself but not allow myself to think about it too much as I was still too ill and fragile so I would just eat it off. Day 3 was always the worst as that was when the true realisation of what a fuckwit I was and then the self loathing would kick in along with the the shaky feeling and the anxiety. Day 4 I would be a box of birds and could run a small country with one hand tied behind my back. So of course I would drink again........
                        You have done so well done on 3 days but dont let it suck you in again when you feel better as it always did me.
                        BH

Comment

Well shit

CKE,
                          Good job on 3 days AF! Sorry you are sick....sounds like you are doing all the right things to feel better. Make sure and keep the clear fluids coming....they will flush the poisons out of your system. By all means listen to BH about not letting the beast suck you in again when you start feeling better! Krigs
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Well shit

Glad you are feeling better....yes, I always seemed to get the invincible "I can handle this!!!" feeling normally about Day 3 or 4 which is why I've never been past it. Keep your self as busy as you can for the next couple days......

Get plenty of rest!!!
                            C
                            AF July 6 2014

Comment

Well shit

3 days....wish i was there...Keep it up
                              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X