Happy Boat analogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Boat analogy

At first, we feel lost, circled by sharks, floating around treading water looking for what we know we need....to get on our happy boat. as soon as we achieve that state of mind the boat comes into sight almost as if my magic.

but you don't just hop on board...it's a bit elusive, it passes by trailing a rope.
    thats the first step...you hang onto the rope as you are towed behind...it's rough and hard and all you can do to just hang on with seawater in your face. Maybe you just can't do it and have to look for the next boat. But eventually we reel ourselves up to the boat.

next we pull our selves up to the side of the boat and hang onto the sides with our hands. This is better. we can catch our breath a bit, but quickly get in....if you stay on the side the sharks can still get you. i think a lot of us can get stuck in this position for too long. You are not in yet! It's hard but you have to really push to get into the boat.

once in the boat some of us collapse in exhaustion....some others will stand up and cheer. Be careful standing as you can fall in the water. so feeling that the boat is still rocky we have a seat and start to enjoy the ride.

some days on the sea are rough and dark, others a tropical paradise. Enjoy the view but keep an eye over the bow. Even after a long time on the boat a good sized rock can knock us over so be sure to steer carefully.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Happy Boat analogy

I like that. Thanks!

Comment

Happy Boat analogy

That is so true ... am sailing calm seas at the moment ...

Thanks Det

Heavenly
      ?We are one another's angels?
      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Happy Boat analogy

Very nice, Det.
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Happy Boat analogy

That is brilliant mate..That is up there with lou's swimming pool...

It's something thats gonna stick in my head for a long time...Thanks buddy
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Happy Boat analogy

Thank you Det. That is an amazing analogy. So very true.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Happy Boat analogy

Great analogy Det. Here's the boat I want to be on Ha! IAD.
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Happy Boat analogy

LOL Iad! some pretty shipmates you have there. inspiration to stay on the boat?
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X