Testing the waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing the waters

Well, I haven't been "good" at being sober lately. Actually, I have been "good" at getting drunk. I've started taking topo again trying to get that in my system and I'm giong to take a mini test starting today. No alcohol till the weekend. In theory, this should be really easy and as I always do I think clearly in the morning about how I'm not going to drink tonight but this week I'm going to make it happen!
    AF since 1/1/2011

Testing the waters

well great , and we will help you make it happen, come on the af army thread where were all trying to make it happen!

Comment

Testing the waters

Magnum, sounds like you have a plan - that's great! Run with it, you can do it! :yougo:
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Testing the waters

Yay for you Magnum! You WILL make it happen... or I'll come round and nag and nag and moan at you...LOL.
        Good Luck
        C
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

Testing the waters

Make it happen!! I am right there with you! No drinking today...start there. :l

Comment

Testing the waters

Im here with you magum. No drinking for me tdy.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Testing the waters

Great starting plan! Focus on today! Good luck all!
              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Testing the waters

Ok.....so yesterday didn't turn out the way I wanted. I didn't get bombed but had 3 drinks. I don't want to sound like that was success cause it wasn't. I did make it to the gym and ran a mile and half so I do feel good about that at least.

Why does it always come down to one critical decision moment? You know, the moment when you choose to drink or not to drink. I've done 30 days of AF before and I know of the feeling of power you get. I was sure i wasn't going to drink last night but......well, you guys understand how it happens. It always happens around 6 or 7pm at night, when you start to unwind. URRRRGHHHHH.

Today is a new day.
                AF since 1/1/2011

Comment

Testing the waters

Hey Magnum, make a plan for you witching hour.
                  So I am going to unwind and ......read a book, watch a film, go for a run, chat to a mate, come on here or anything to divert your attention from that little voice in your head telling you its a good idea to have a drink. That voice is a liar.
                  Keep going my friend
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Testing the waters

Mag. g'day there... the urge to drink late afternoon from what i've read/heard might be a chemical reaction in your body. research this for yourself... G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Testing the waters

well. g'night all you beautiful people...

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Testing the waters

Hey Magnum,
                        Yep, the trick is to keep busy ... I found that by jumping on-line for a quick chat or to read the days posts really helped me through some tough times. Oh and the other thing I have recently discovered is Suduko (sp?), I am hooked and it keeps my mind busy for ages.
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                        X