Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 months AF

Hello MWO Friends,

I am gratefully 6 months AF today. Thanks to all of you for your support, wisdom and encouragement...could not have done it without you.

xxoo
    Mo3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

6 months AF

Wonderful - so happy for you!!!:l
    You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

6 months AF

That is awesome mom of 3!

Are you following the MWO program as defined in the book? Are you in any other program (like AA)? I'm just asking because I'm fairly new here and want to know what has worked for people who have found success as clearly you have!

:rockband: you "rock" girl!

periwinkle
      Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

6 months AF

Thats so great...how ar you feeling?

Comment

6 months AF

Hi Periwinkle,

I started off following the entire MWO program...CDs, supplements, etc. My goal at first was to moderate. I even took topamax for awhile but soon found that I could drink through that too.

Right now, my program is really about a lifestyle change. I am eating in a superhealthy way (including no sugar or refined carbohydrates), exercising 5-6 days per week, taking tai chi, going to church, getting out more, and most importantly, coming to this site and listening to the wise words of those who are very serious about being sober.

Good luck, you can do it.
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

6 months AF

That is so incredible! I was just telling Retteacher that I sometimes look at the picture of accomplishing that 6 month mark, rather than just focusing on 1 day at a time. You are so inpirational to us all. Please keep posting as it keeps us all motivated to hit that same goal
            When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

6 months AF

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 6 months AF is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for staying here at MWO to be a strong help and example to us all!

wip

Comment

6 months AF

Hi Mom
                Great job on putting into action a plan and succeeding.The change in lifestyle is what has also helped me to stay AF .Keep your guard up and next thing you will know it will be a year.
                Again Congratulations!!!!

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting

AF 5=16=08
                Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                AF 5-16-08

Comment

6 months AF

FANTASTIC!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

6 months AF

I applaud you. Well done!
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

6 months AF

Thanks for the reply! It seems really important to me as well to use the various facets of the program. I began the full supplement regime, cds, and the topa yesterday. I feel great today. I'm so happy for you! Don't know how old your kids are, but I am sure that they must really appreciate their "new" mom! Again, congrats!

Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

6 months AF

Congrats, 6 months is HUGE!!
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

6 months AF

Great Job!!!!

Don

Comment

6 months AF

6 Months...WOW...Very well done...You must be ecstatic:goodjob:
                            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

6 months AF

So happy for you, Momof3! I am sure that the best is yet to come! You are great inspiration to everyone here! Hugs!
                              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X