Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's it all about??

Hippie,

I, too, have made such wonderful friends here. You being one, you anarchist you!!

It is amazing, isn't it? My life is enriched with friendships that I could never have had without this forum. People from all over the world who care, who don't judge, who help and for whom I deeply care.

It is funny that we can pick up how each other is doing without actually talking face to face. Somehow we know.

Yes, I still go to AA, when I can, but I can go to MWO night or day, no matter how badly I am doing or how great I am feeling, and you are all there.

Love,
    db2fromala, cindi, cinders
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

So what's it all about??

Cindi I guess it will be always one of your posts that, if you remember I asked if I could post on the AA forum I was on, that really meant a lot to me. It was just that kind of friendship between you and that 'friend of Bill's' that meant so much to me at that time. I don't totally disown AA and it's principals as I mentioned to Mr.T earlier. The steps as you so rightly put it a while back would be good for EVERYONE to do and not just us alcoholics. Take stock of our lives etc.

But I'm a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. I get hurt easily, my emotions are out there for everyone to see. I live and love by them and that's just who I am. I guess that's why i need friends here who don't rip that heart of me sleeve and understand me better.

Love Hips
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

So what's it all about??

hippie37;447052 wrote:
        But I'm a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. I get hurt easily, my emotions are out there for everyone to see. I live and love by them and that's just who I am. I guess that's why i need friends here who don't rip that heart of me sleeve and understand me better.
        Love Hips
        xx
        OH I can so relate..
        I wear my heart on me sleeve too... which is the main reason why i cant talk to me mum... who is the closest person to me... Im afraid of what she'll see, what she'll sense, or pick up on.
        I miss my mum, cos I got no friends in real life... only you cyber-friend-guys... ...which I DO appreciate... believe me.
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

So what's it all about??

Chelle , im delighted to consider you one of my friends..I love you girlie!

Comment

So what's it all about??

I come here because I can. Anytime day or night, whether I have been drinking or not. No need to get into a car and drive. I can come here and post if I feel like sharing, I can PM a friend if I really need someone to help me, I can read other's posts and perhaps learn something new or just know that I am not alone in this struggle. I can sign on here and not feel so isolated from the rest of the world because here I know others who fight this everyday. Some with great success and others, such as myself with less success. Here I have friends who understand what I am going through and who don't judge me or consider me weak or bad. I come here because it is a safe haven for me as I wrestle everyday with trying to conquer this addiction I have.

Comment

So what's it all about??

cuckoosnest83;447072 wrote: I come here because I can. Anytime day or night, whether I have been drinking or not. No need to get into a car and drive. I can come here and post if I feel like sharing, I can PM a friend if I really need someone to help me, I can read other's posts and perhaps learn something new or just know that I am not alone in this struggle. I can sign on here and not feel so isolated from the rest of the world because here I know others who fight this everyday. Some with great success and others, such as myself with less success. Here I have friends who understand what I am going through and who don't judge me or consider me weak or bad. I come here because it is a safe haven for me as I wrestle everyday with trying to conquer this addiction I have.
              If I wasn't so sentimental I would say something completely different now but I'm afraid that's not my way. I guess you've summed it up perfectly Cucks and god bless you for being you.

Love Hips
              xx:l
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

So what's it all about??

It`s all about mutual love, respect and understanding..........where else in this whole wide, yet narrow-minded world could this "alkie" find such treasure?????

Without you all.........I simply couldn`t do this. YOU are the love of my life.

Star x
                Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

So what's it all about??

hippie37;447081 wrote: If I wasn't so sentimental I would say something completely different now but I'm afraid that's not my way. I guess you've summed it up perfectly Cucks and god bless you for being you.

Love Hips
                  xx:l
                  Hippie, thank you for your kind words. They are deeply appreciated.

Comment

So what's it all about??

I come here to be with people how understand that alcoholism makes you do bad things but it doesn't make you a bad person.This site is busting at the seams with really good people who are all united in there fight against the S.O.B ALCOHOL
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

So what's it all about??

Awe Star I know I'm 'treasure' hun thanks for the compliment!!!lol

God you have to have a laugh at the same time with this.. You can't take this sobriety too serious otherwise you're gonna 'kill' yourself with it all. Don't get me wrong this is a serious problem we have us real alkies but don't ever loose sight of the fact that we have to enjoy our sobriety along the way too. A smile costs nothing and hugs are even better. It makes your day. I've had lots of hugs today and I'm feeling like the hippie I was when i first came here again.

God Bless hugs
                      Love and Happiness
                      Hippie
                      xx

Comment

So what's it all about??

"hugs"..........what the f*** are they???? :upset: :H

Laughter?..........a definite must here for me.........some nights I come on here just to have fun and laugh my head off out loud..........can`t beat it. Without laughter..........sobriety would be doom and gloom and whilst I have my "down" times..........I soooooooooo need fun, and I find it here!!!! :H

Star x

Comment

So what's it all about??

P.S.
                          I had a thoroughly shit day, but I don`t give a flying f***, just as long as I can laugh and.............I can. :H :H :H

Comment

So what's it all about??

Star do you need a hug babe?

Love Hips
                            xx

Comment

So what's it all about??

I keep coming back here because I feel loved and supported and not judged. Everytime I am down you guys cheer me on and up.

E

Comment

So what's it all about??

:blushing: :H

Comment

Working...
                                X