It's Embarrassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Embarrassing

IAD, at this point, I really don't think this is "bickering." And I don't think that every time a person expresses an opinion, it is an attempt to change anyone else's beliefs. This is a thread about politics. The people who are posting on it are interested in talking about the topic, and that involves saying what we believe. I don't see that anyone is being nasty to anyone else. So, I'm having some difficulty seeing why this thread is bothering you. Other threads in the not-so-distant past, and not about politics, have been far more unpleasant!

wip

Comment

It's Embarrassing

I agree....we're just talking, IAD.....no one is mad.....

Don

Comment

It's Embarrassing

Without getting into specifics. Media has done a terrible disservice to the American people. No offense to anyone but the start of this thread is an example.

The gross abuse of Freedom in this country saddens me.
        Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

It's Embarrassing

It's not only this tread Work and Chief..........there are more of them that start off inocent enough, but then they get out of hand. Did you ever think that an opion given by one person about his or her canediate could offend them. Calling a perticular canidate names or making fun of them could anger certain people. i don't know, I've seen something like this get out of hand before ( Where peoples opions were jump on. happened a couple of months ago....was'nt politics but the same sistuation could come from it. ) Just worried that some people might leave that really need help because of something that someone had said. My opion. IAD.
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

It's Embarrassing

changemylife;447720 wrote: Without getting into specifics. Media has done a terrible disservice to the American people. No offense to anyone but the start of this thread is an example.

The gross
            abuse of Freedom in this country saddens me.
            truer words have not been spoken. Thanks for the clarity Changemylife.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

It's Embarrassing

IAD I think I know where you are coming from. it seems politics can bring tensions higher than they already are sometimes and I've fallen for that trap myself. Even though it's challenging sometimes I just have to avoid certain threads if they start becoming too negative.
              I guess all we can do is try to be a good example and be positive everywhere we get a chance. That way it will outnumber any negatives that come along.

have a super day everyone! my blood type is B+
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

It's Embarrassing

Your right Det. maybe staying way from threads that bring your blood pressure up you should stay away from. " They always say discussing Politcs and Relegion can open up a can of worms, " IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

It's Embarrassing

Det, IAD, I agree totally with you both, here. There are a lot of people here (including me, sometimes) who are very emotionally vulnerable. We should keep that in mind.

wip

Comment

Working...
                  X