Heroes of the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heroes of the Forum

One of my Heroes was hurting today. That's sad. Maybe she doesn't know she's a hero to me.

Noma'am, WIP, Seacalling, Akgirl are all my Heroes along with lots of others. They have done much better than I have at achieving the goals that I share. When I get up, I say "I want do do what they have done".

Who is your Heroes of MYO?

Heroes of the Forum

everyone here at mwo
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

Aaaww Boss, how sweet. I certainly do not feel like a hero, but thank you.

I don't know if I can name any one or two people. There are so many here that have helped me. Different ones at different times. Gia and IAD were there in the beginning, Determinator is a chat friend, Montana Mommy has become an extremely wonderful person in my life. Kriger started this journey at the same time as me and is always helpful.

I don't have any one hero...you are ALL my heroes and inspiration and I thank you.
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

Thank you Boss.man. I will always be here for you, though I am no hero. I am just a struggling alkie, trying to get better. We must Never give up the fight Boss.
        Too many heroes here to name. Renewal actually helped very much to save my life when I needed to hospitalized and I miss him very much. I will never forget him for that. There were many others there when I thought I was dying also: Hipp, Dolphin, Evie, too many too count. My newer friends mean the world to me: One2, Limers, Vlad, DeeBee, Krigs, LTG, Cymru. Always will love my Boston meet up crew: Rips, Janie, Simeybear, Askforhelp. I love all of you, even if I did not get u by name.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

Hey, B.M., thanks, and I call you a hero, too. You use your intellectual curiosity about the problem we all share to help other people to understand, too; you encourage others; you talk honestly about your struggles, about what is working and not working for you. And you keep plugging away, even (and especially) when it's very tough, and you never give up!

I have a whole lot of heroes here, too. In a way, every single newcomer on every single day is a hero, because it takes guts to realize you have to DO SOMETHING about the drinking, and to sign up here and say "hello, please help me."

My heroes are also those who struggle over and over again with drinking even after making commitments to quit, getting back up every time, and starting again. My heroes are those who have partners and spouses at home who don't understand addiction, who are not supportive, who are themselves abusing alcohol...

And my heroes are those who have been free from alcohol (or successfully drinking moderately) for a long time, and who stay here, continuing to post and to support others.

I won't begin to name names, because I know I will somehow leave out the names of some who mean the world to me. I hope you all know who you are, and what you mean to me!

wip

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

RJ is my hero.I might be dead, today if not for her creating this safe place to heal...Thanks just isn't enough...You are my HERO !!!!!!!!
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

I second that Evielou !!!!

Here's to RJ :applaud:
              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

I have a few hero's...But they know who they are:l
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

Sorry Lushy...... you don't pay me enough.

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

Damn.
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

LMAO:H

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

How about Bear?......

The newbies didn't know Bear, but he was a member who struggled with The Beast for years....but he beat it. He was living a totally AF life and was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident this past year....

Bear was and is a MWO hero...

Don

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

Thats the first i heard about Bear cheif..Thats quite a shock..

I remember a certain Ozzy aswell...Kanga...Top bloke..

Both heros

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

My heroes know who they are too...

Kanga, who also tragically lost his life while a member here, was one of them.
                            If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Heroes of the Forum

Macks -- we were both thinking about Kanga and posting at the same time... he was awesome and I will forever miss him.
                              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Working...
                              X