In the world of the future...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of my job involves hand held Address and Calendar devices, which are now incorporated into music players and cell phones. It's amazing to remember the 1974 6 Million Dollar Man TV show, which portrayed the first "mobile phone" we all saw, as a lunchbox size device attached to the car. My phone is now 4 ounces. I think within 3 years, we'll see credit card phones as light as 1/2 ounce. It defies me to think what phones will look like in 10 years.

In the world of the future:

Potato chip bags will be so un-openable, that families will stock ultra-lazer-matic opening devices that use 6500 watts of directed power to open them.

Grocery bags will be so light they will effortlessly float at 10,000 feet and bring down airplanes (this is from Stephenson's Diamond Age, not my idea). The bags will be so strong soldiers will use them as unpiercable armor.

Computers will be the size of a diamond stud earring, and Apples will be white, AMD's will be Blue, and Starbucks (after they buy Toshiba) will be Emerald.

Keyboards will be obsolete about 2016, replaced by sub vocalizing and/or chording finger motions. No one over the age of 25 will be able to type as fast as a 10 year old.

Monitors will be obsolete about the same time frame, replaced by dynamic contact lenses which superimpose the computer image on your visual field. Around this time, traffic accidents between gamers playing while driving will become common.

And finally, in the world of the future, some enterprising person armed with nothing more than a PC will mash together Bluegrass and Barbie-Techno-Rap to create something completely different.

[ame= ]YouTube - Soggy Bottom Boys and Gwen Stefani[/ame]

LOL to the new music. most entertaining.

I'm a self confessed gadget and technology freak myself.

actually body armor is currently being made from trash bag plastic in the form of "ultra high density polyurethane". it's truly amazing stuff. Dental floss is also made from it.

cool post Boss.Man. most enjoyable

I'm ready for a phone that works reliable in all locations that is not expensive like the sat phones....sign me up for that one now!

I'll have to have white earings....hmmmm. can guys opt for a tie pin computer perhaps?
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Great post Boss.man.

Love those Soggy Bottom Boys. And what a brilliant enterprising person armed with nothing more than a PC to marry them and Gwen Stefani. Brilliant.

"Oh Brother, where art thou?"

Comment

two good posts in one morning,little history boss,and others depends on how old you are,from the 1st century and b4 time was ever calculated times were tuff,lot of war,average income was 1.50 a day,yes everything was cheaper, all start now in the 1960 s,average hour ly wage was 135 an hour,home cost 5000 dollars,corvette was about 3500,close i think,in 1971,gyco was 18,started working at 1.15 an hour,the company tried to rip me of minimum wage was a 1.65,next job was 2.225,same year,8 hour shift 16.00 dollars a day, hour shift,depends on what you made 14, oo dollars a day,lol,from 1970 to now life has xcelled at such a greatter speed then ver,isnt tht odd, gyco

Comment

oooooooooops for got to say have a wonderful day ALL

Comment

Funny, B.man! Scary, and funny. I am getting pretty tired of all the hand-held devices that do so many different tasks, some very well, some not-so-well... I don't think I'll ever get used to having my calendar IN my phone. It's nice that it's always with me, and weird that I can't look AT my calendar WHILE I am talking on the phone (which is something I regularly need to be able to do). I think I'll buy a regular paper and pencil calendar for 2009.

Comment

Working...
            X