I feel sooo violated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel sooo violated.

Had a hard time sleeping last night. just before bedtime I got a phone call from the credit card co. saying that somebody had been on a spending spree yesterday with our credit card. Finally after they had spent over $3000.00 in the matter of a few hours the credit card co. got suspicious and decline the credit card. How could this be true when we have both of our cards here in our hand. I think we finally found out how this was done. A few weeks ago we were staying in a hotel while at the Hay House convention. We asked the desk clerk to help us to connect to the hotel free INTERNET because we were having trouble connecting it ourselves. The whole time we were there I had an uneasy feeling about the people who ran the hotel. Now they had a copy of our card and access to all our information. They must of had a bogus card made with our number on it. I hope they catch them. Hubby seems not to be overly upset about it even though this is the second time in the last year that our card has been breached and we have had to have a new one issued to us. I feel extremely violated almost raped. It has shaken my trust in my fellow man and this is not a good feeling. Thanks for listening. The burden feels a little lighter when I can share my feelings with friends.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

I feel sooo violated.

Oh Evielou, I am so sorry to hear that! and with everything else you have on your plate just now too. Thoughts are with you hun
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

EvieLou,

You should feel violated. It is like someone walked up to your bank and withdrew money from your account.

It is the same thing.

Luckily the credit cards usually have a cap on what can be stolen from you but it still makes you fume.

Glad your card company caught it fairly early. I had a friend whose card had over 10K on it before his card company figured it out. ???

Love,
      Cinders
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

Sweet Evie that sucks!!!! Its happening here too...... even catching a taxi and paying by credit card they SCIM ( replicate ) your card number . I can understand the shaken trust / feeling you say and for some one like you the violation of trust you have placed in humanity...AHHHH sometimes i feel like running away to the land of No alcohol No credit cards No violence No arguments No mortage No bills No heartache and No BLOWFLIES arghhhhhhh. Dear Evie Im so sorry to hear this can we run away to the land of NO

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

that is terrible, i hope you can get it solved and sorted.
          I found myself on the roof of the world just waiting for to get my wings - The Waterboys

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

Thanks Everyone for caring....I feel better about the world because of you all....
            Dearest Capt. I will get 2 airline tickets for us to go to the land of NO....That is if they will accept my credit card for payment...Maybe cash would be a better idea????

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

Evie identity theft is becoming a major issue in this country too at present. I've always tried to steer clear of any connections with companies that hold information about me as a person. That's just me though!! It's difficult when you have financial overheads etc I think. I'm still a bloody caveman I guess!! I don't hold a mortgage and I can't vote because I'm not on the electoral role. I try to stay as 'hidden' as possible from that rat race I think.lol yeah Captn!!!

I do understand your feelings of being violated though Evie. My faith in mankind has been somewhat diminished since I 'woke up' to the world back in the late 90's. But that's a whole other issue. Have you made your suspicions known to the authorities concerning the misuse of your card? They should check that hotel out me thinks.

Love and Happiness
              Hippie
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

im sorry Evie..you need this like a hole in the head, hopefully youll get it back quickly...they let it go quite far tho..im surprised they didnt act quicker. Do you not have chip and pin there?

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

We told them who we thought that it was and they are sending us forms to fill out to verify it.They laughed out loud when I said I TRUST MY FEELINGS ???? They stopped laughing when they saw that we had only used the card once (at a grocery store chain) since the Hotel stay.We pay cash as much as possible.I am concerned about our trip to VT. next week.We have to use our card for rental car,hotels etc. and taking cash is not safe either.

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

Yiles, I understand how you feel, it happened to me last month

They were caught after trying to use it for 750.00, but I do not think they had a copy of my card.
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

We need to find better safe gaurds(i quess)? Thanks LIMERS...

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

oh Evie

How awful! I hope you don't have to pay. I hope the rest of your trip goes well, if that is possible.

Lila

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

Evielou, guess they had no idea who they were talking to when you stated you trust your feelings...LOL!! I pray for a speedy resolve and that this doe not affect your trip next week. Best wishes my friend :h
                          :l
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

Thanks again Guys, Hubby is on the phone letting our other credit card people know.Since they have had access to everything in our computer they could have breeched other cards as well.We think they must have fake ID with our name on it.They would have to show ID at most places to be able to use the forged card.
                            Hubby just reminded me how upset I get when we have to get special pin numbers to use our card in Europe...Never again!!! I wish we had such safe guards in the US...The worse it gets, the worse it gets...Pray that we get this straightened out and they get caught..

Comment

I feel sooo violated.

Evie,

This is the age of violation, abuse of fellow man, rudeness, stolen identities, etc. We no longer care about each other as people. I don't know if we ever have. Random acts of kindness are few and far between. I'm sorry for what happened to you on what should have been a great time.

I think MWO should start a revolution. It may not get us all sober but it sure would make us feel better. Gabby.
                              Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Working...
                              X