A thinking problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thinking problem??

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7bbaRyDLMvA]YouTube - Ferguson Speaks From The Heart[/ame]

I know I posted this a long while back but today I was reminded of this clip again by someone.

Craig Ferguson was celebrating 15 years sober and this clip was originally sent to me from a friend off another forum when I first tried to get sober back in June last year. Give this clip a chance...PLEASE he starts talking openly about his alcoholism around 3:45 and the clip is only 12 minutes long.

PLEASE watch this.

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

A thinking problem??

im school collecting now but will do when i get back, thanks hun.

Comment

A thinking problem??

Thank you, Hipster.

I have watched this several times and every time I do, I cry... and I realize, okay, I can handle this, he did, many have, I can.

I am so glad you posted this today. I needed it hugely.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A thinking problem??

Thank you Hippie, he hit the nail on the head for me. Share your troubles with people who share the same troubles.
        thank you for posting that xxx
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

A thinking problem??

I watched the whole thing, Hipps. It was excellent. Thanks. Tell us: what was it like for you, when you first watched it? And how has it had an impact on you?

wip

Comment

A thinking problem??

Cinders;447550 wrote: Thank you, Hipster.

I have watched this several times and every time I do, I cry... and I realize, okay, I can handle this, he did, many have, I can.

I am so glad you posted this today. I needed it hugely.

Love,
            Cindi
            It always brings a lump to my throat Cindi every time I watch it too. I needed to watch this again today myself. It was this clip I was reminded of when replying earlier about a lifetime of vigilance!!

Love and Happiness
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

A thinking problem??

That was very worth my time to watch.I have always loved Craig.I have been comforted by the laughter that he has brought me on many a sleepless night.Watching this clip has made me realize how much I not only love him but RESPECT him...Thanks to you Happy Hip...
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

A thinking problem??

Thankyou Hippie......I remember watching this the last time you put it on,,,,,I like this man and it helps me to hear him again.....Bella XXXX

Comment

A thinking problem??

short and sweet WIP....."A lifetime of vigilance!!" I'm not accepting this at the moment though or rather I'm struggling with the concept. Going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment as you know but I'm definitely more aware of my thoughts and how I could quite easily let them 'bury' me. I'm not prepared to cause dramas anymore though WIP and catastrophize things. It's been a good learning process to be honest going through what I'm going through at the moment. Although I may feel quite down etc I'm actually dealing with my emotions better than I have done for ages.

Love and Happiness
                  Hippie
                  xx

Comment

A thinking problem??

That's fantastic, Hipps. That's what I get from it, too.

Well, that and the horrible image of waking up soaked in urine... then getting up and drinking a large tumbler of sherry! Horror can be a good motivator....

wip

Comment

A thinking problem??

I did not see this last time Hippie but thanks for sharing this again. I hate it when thinking ,,,its ok, when it not. Talking and sharing does not cost money thanks to this site and all the people here.....

Take care

Love
                      Teardrop.x
                      family is everything to me

Comment

A thinking problem??

A Work in Progress;447599 wrote: That's fantastic, Hipps. That's what I get from it, too.

Well, that and the horrible image of waking up soaked in urine... then getting up and drinking a large tumbler of sherry! Horror can be a good motivator....

wip
                        You never did that??

Not kidding here. Been there done that.

Oh, and thinking very seriously about the "swan dive."

For alcoholics, alcohol keeps us alive. Rehab helps us get back from that but not back from the "you cannot drink again" thing.

Do not do the swan dive. Do whatever it takes to get sober.

THEN, think about what you have to do to STAY sober.

It hurts. Yes it does.

But it is so worth it.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A thinking problem??

Great clip Hips,
                          and wow... 15 years..

Can relate to a lot ofstuff there.. although, mine wasnt a swan dive, it was a mini metro up an embankment fuelled with 60 paracetamol, 20 beta-blockers, anti-d's and a bottle of whiskey.
                          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

A thinking problem??

Good to see that again, Hips.....

Comment

A thinking problem??

Thanks for posting it again, Hips.

Comment

Working...
                              X