Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thinking problem??

Wow Chelle...Glad your still with us..

Hippie..The tital of the thread says it all to me...The alcahol will be out of my system in a matter of days...Its the lifetime of adjusting the way i think..That determins how i live the rest of my life...Bitter..or Happy..

Never seen that clip or craige fergusson...

Ta mate...Really interesting to watch
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

A thinking problem??

Cinders;447630 wrote: You never did that??

Not kidding here. Been there done that.

Oh, and thinking very seriously about the "swan dive."

For alcoholics, alcohol keeps us alive. Rehab helps us get back from that but not back from the "you cannot drink again" thing.

Do not do the swan dive. Do whatever it takes to get sober.

THEN, think about what you have to do to STAY sober.

It hurts. Yes it does.

But it is so worth it.

Love,
      Cindi
      Yep...Did the pee thing too...Mrs Macks bought a snorkle and flippers at one point..

Comment

A thinking problem??

Cinders;447630 wrote: You never did that??

Not kidding here. Been there done that.

Oh, and thinking very seriously about the "swan dive."

For alcoholics, alcohol keeps us alive. Rehab helps us get back from that but not back from the "you cannot drink again" thing.

Do not do the swan dive. Do whatever it takes to get sober.

THEN, think about what you have to do to STAY sober.

It hurts. Yes it does.

But it is so worth it.

Love,
        Cindi
        Cinders, I had been having some very troubling thoughts about killing myself when I arrived here 3 months ago. My father was a depressed alcoholic who killed himself, 12 years ago. For me, suicide is a very real possibility... just as it is for most of us who have seen our lives going to hell, destroyed by alcohol.

Fortunately, one horror that I never personally experienced is pissing on myself... but certainly, there are many other horrors in my past.

I could not agree with you more, that this struggle "is so worth it." And, "whatever it takes."

Comment

A thinking problem??

Hippie, Thanks for re-posting. I missed this the first time around. I sent it to my son. Hope he watches it (really watches it)!

The number of unspeakable humiliations that are coming to mind, right now, are endless! OMG, makes me sick to recall! Maybe it is a good idea to revisit those thoughts from time to time. And the swan dive, yep. Only, I had a different avenue in mind. Really wierd how twisted our thinking can get...
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

A thinking problem??

I always pissed my pants in my heavy drinking days. Even shit myself twice (while awake). Wine shits. God, I look back and it was very discusting - really.

I remember reading a thread here with people admitting to this type of thing while drinking excessively.

Comment

A thinking problem??

Mackeral;447872 wrote: Yep...Did the pee thing too...Mrs Macks bought a snorkle and flippers at one point..
              Ok Mack too much information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol Remember the movie Trainspotting?? spud bringing his dirty sheets down in the morning!!!!lol
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

A thinking problem??

Its sad..Its disgusting..Its humiliating...But if i dont laugh about it..Its swan dive time...I'd rather laugh at myself..I have to many people relying on me to concider the alternative..

Comment

A thinking problem??

Thank you for your honesty Macks
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

A thinking problem??

I think that's what we need sometimes Mack is to be able to laugh at our shortcomings. Too much seriousness about our 'drinking' will only drown us further I believe.

Love and Happiness
                    Hippie
                    xx
                    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

A thinking problem??

Nice one hippe, I like to watch that clip now and then just to remind myself it can be done.
                      Fifteen years, Way to go bonny lad.

Comment

A thinking problem??

Hippie, what a great video. I had never seen it before. As for Craig Ferguson, not only is he refreshingly candid but very kind in his consideration of others. He is my new hero.

Comment

A thinking problem??

You should of seen some of his stand up Cucks!!!!lol My god he was ONE obnoxious bastard!!!lol

Comment

A thinking problem??

I will have to look for him on youtube. I can do obnoxious. :H

Comment

A thinking problem??

thank you hippie .. i love it
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

A thinking problem??

Thanks

Thanks for posting this. Watching made me want to be stronger and continue the fight myself. You helped a lot of people by thinking enough about us to post something like this.:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X