Today I Am Peace....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I Am Peace....

Just for today, I feel a deep sense of peace and tranquility in my life. Things are bound to come up and test those feelings, but I have full confidence that I will be able to accept them for what they are and continue down the path that I am on.

I went to a meeting this morning and we talked about changing from the irrational drinking mindset to the rational sober one (irrational as in thinking that if I switch from wine to beer, or only drink after 9pm that I will be able to control it).

In both AA and MWO, there is a basic tenant that is useful when attempting to work the program in an attempt to recover from our irrational thinking. Sticking our heads in the sand and hoping that our problem will just go away is not a realistic approach to our condition - we have to have a working plan in place.

That tenant is an honesty and an open-minded willingness to accept and work our program to our fullest extent. If we are truly honest with ourselves and those around us (including our friends in MWO) then we will begin to realize that our irrational thinking was first and foremost hurting us. By doing so we can then realize that it will take a plan of action to restore us to rational thinking, but we have to WORK that plan every single day. We can't just work in on Monday, Wednesday & Friday - is has to be every single day. This isn't a walk in the park guys - this is our lives we are talking about. If we found out that we had cancer wouldn't we do everything in our power to make sure that we recovered from it? Is this really so different from our drinking problem?

Anyway, I am grateful today for my sobriety and the serenity that I feel right now, and wish you all the same.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Today I Am Peace....

Thank you, AA. You have a way with words that is honest and peaceful, and helps us understand this is the fight of our lives.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Today I Am Peace....

Thank you AA. I really needed to hear these words today.

Comment

Today I Am Peace....

AA,
        I too really will benefit from you sharing that today. I am feeling really positive and determined today -- something I havent felt in a while. I had lost a lot of my motivation and sunk into depression. I feel the depression lifting, and keeping our thoughts and head in the right place is the biggest battle. Thank you for sharing that; I am personally very encouraged. :thanks:
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Today I Am Peace....

Its great your having a good day AA...Its good to know that in the future i will soon also be having those good days..And i am really looking forward to it..

I dont know if you had a look yet at a post Hips put on...Thinking problem...Or if you have seen the clip yet...But you are very much both on the same wavelenght..
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Today I Am Peace....

Good to hear Allie..Glad your on the up:l
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Today I Am Peace....

Hi AA
              In reading your post it makes me angry. Angry at the people here that aren't fighting this battle as if their lives depend on it.If you have found your way to this site you have a problem.It is not easy to deal with stopping but what ever works for you you have to do it.The situations people are putting themselves into after a week of stooping can only lead to "slips" .You have to not only stop but also change your lifestyle .It might mean not going to parties or whatever but it does require 100 percent effort .I had to isolate myself from a lot when I first stooped until I felt I was ready.
              AA your peace is to be enjoyed you have earned it .Not stooping at just giving up drinking but learning how to live a sober life. I was told the most important thing you do each day is to not drink.Hard in the beginning but if you are on this site their is nothing more important in your life.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5 -16--08
              Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
              AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...
              X