But now I have some clarity
    to show you what I mean
    I don't know how I got this way
    I'll never be alright
    So, I'm breaking the habit
    I'm breaking the habit
    I’m breaking the habit
    Tonight
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

reminiscing music

One of my earliest memories is my mum leaving my dad...I later found out it was him spending all his wages in fruit machines...I was about 5 at the time...She took me and my younger brother Nick who was a baby..To a hostel in chorlton...It was dark....Sounds dead dramatic but there was thunder and lightning and my mum walked down the train tracks so my dad wouldnt find her...I cant remember yesterday...But i can remember that..

We spent 2 nights in there...

I remember my dad picking us up when i was having my breckfast in the hostel..

That night...When we got home i could'nt sleep...Worrying about my dad...He is a big gentle giant...I went down early hours...Everyone was asleep except me and dad...He was playing this on the record player....He was crying...So i promptly followed...I have'nt got loads of memories...But this sticks in my head...

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=46TIzdu0dQo&feature=user]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

reminiscing music

First serious girlfriend in High School, went with her for four years. We were Engaged for a year....then we disengaged ! Ha! Anyway this was our song......IAD.[ame= ]YouTube - Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven[/ame]
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

reminiscing music

Hello Hippie, thank you for starting this thread. Some of the post are making me quite teary eyed and reminiscent.

Limers, back in October/November of 1984 I spent 6 weeks in Rockville, MD for work and my boyfriend at the time would play the song "don't go back to Rockville" for me. I still can't hear the song without thinking how much in love we were at that time.

O2M, my heart ached for the little girl who rode her bike with the streamers. I never cease to be amazed at the resiliency of children.

Hippie, as always the music that speaks to you (breaking the habit) could not be more appropriate.

Mack and Cymru, couldn't get your videos to play, will check them out on youtube but thank you all so much for sharing these small snippets of your life.

Comment

reminiscing music

OMG, Iad. Stairway to Heaven was a big song back then. I did a lot of stuff to that song.

:H:H

Just like the "Money" Album from Pink Floyd. Huge hit then.

Darn. I am looking for my song out there and it is not out there. Why not? Am I that old?

It was Starless by King Crimson, however, what is on Youtube is crap. I hate it.

The song on the album was played by Robert Fripp. It was and still is amazing.

Love,
            Cinders
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

reminiscing music

Cinder found it ......I went to see King Crimson at The Alexandria Roller Rink along with Black Sabath and Johnny Winters back in !970. Ha! [ame= ]YouTube - Starless[/ame]
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

reminiscing music

Mack that tune brought a tear to my eye I swear....and more so for reading the reasons behind it. That's what it's all about. Thank you my friend that meant a lot.

Love and Happiness
                Hippie
                xx
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

reminiscing music

This song reminds me of my first proper girlfriend and my 18th birthday. Not a care in the world!
                  [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjtRJkS85w]YouTube - Spin Doctors - Two Princes[/ame]
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

reminiscing music

Speaking of teens..This was proberly my theme tune for them growing up on the Manchester scene....

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y1svI-owtWA]YouTube - massive attack _ unfinished sympathy[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

yer, what a tune Mack. The video has so many memories, cause its one of those tunes that has never really dissapeared. great song.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

reminiscing music

Cymru, I never had a proper Girlfriend...most of them were improper. Ha! Here's a song that I love about that : [ame= ]YouTube - Theory of a Deadman- Bad girlfriend Music Video (uncensored)[/ame]
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

reminiscing music

Mackeral;448323 wrote: Speaking of teens..This was proberly my theme tune for them growing up on the Manchester scene....

YouTube - massive attack _ unfinished sympathy
                          Mack for me this tune will always remind me of the 'Manchester scene'

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k4bHMVAKDao]YouTube - The Stone Roses - Fools Gold[/ame]

I can feel my bones shaking at the moment to this tune!!!

Comment

reminiscing music

hippie37;448355 wrote: Mack for me this tune will always remind me of the 'Manchester scene'

YouTube - The Stone Roses - Fools Gold

I can feel my bones shaking at the moment to this tune!!!
                            Very excellent choice Sir Hip....What about..

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0xKaq-SNeEc]YouTube - Happy Mondays "Step On"[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

I know this is not what this thread is about....

But..

TUNE....

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aZI1BQzY-nU&feature=related]YouTube - The Charlatans - The Only One I Know[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

Mack know exactly where you're coming from mate!!! You're twisting me nips man!!!

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aB6gH_vqs4w]YouTube - Primal Scream - Loaded[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X