reminiscing music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reminiscing music

Hips Mate...Just gone upstairs and nicked my headphones back off my eldest daughter...(She'll get over it)...Got my music head on now..Your fault by the way...tsk...This could go on all night!! !

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=szdWPWnnNls]YouTube - radiohead - paranoid android[/ame]
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

reminiscing music

Last one from me tonight... I watched this film with my daughter a year ago and it's her favourite move AND mine.... We watch this movie together and we talk about what's happening next etc... She knows the story know and god bless her she loves Big Z.

MY world totally peeps
      [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4QKpnQqMQos&feature=related]YouTube - sugar ray - into yesterday[/ame]
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

reminiscing music

Mack Music is my life mate and why I started this thread in the first place!! You get those headphones mate and don't feel guilty one bit!!

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

reminiscing music

Sorry mate...Cant hear you.."I GOT MY HEADPHONES ON"..

Gnight hips...Hope your daughter has a pucker birthday.....

Comment

reminiscing music

OK I lied!!! One last tune for my beautiful girl dolphin. She is amazing. She has her problems like the rest of us alkies but I still love her to bits and always will.

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LOi_wxypeGc]YouTube - John Martyn - May You Never[/ame]

Night and godbless people.

Comment

reminiscing music

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=swv9XALxmsQ&feature=related]YouTube - The Band & Bob Dylan - Forever Young[/ame]

I could write a book about this song...Serious..

I'm a bit worse for wear at the moment...But this song hits me on many levels..
              I grew up with my dad playing Bob Dylan..Me and my brothers used to take the mick out my dad...We even ended up immitating Bob...Just to annoy my dad..He got into Bob after listening to his older brothers records..My uncle Jim..

So..My dad lost his mum and dad last year..My grandma and grandad..My grandad died first..and my grandma lost the will to live....because she seemed so healthy..We were very very close...I was their eldest granchild...I lived around the corner from them when i was about 18...I proudly took my daughter round to see them..I was my grandma's pride and joy...all my life...i even worked with her ..at the betting office...at old trafford cricket ground...at the tax office...We were cleaners...She had big irish shovel hands..

Anyway...This song reminds me of my dad on the funeral nights...Sat on the floor with me....both drinking rum...arm in arm...

My dad is miles bigger than me...i just wanted to protect him...

Comment

reminiscing music

Sorry Hippie and Mack but us Uanks have no idea what you 2 were reminising about. Ha! Here something from The Woodstock Concert. ( Peace & Love ), IAD.[ame= ]YouTube - the who - my generation[/ame]
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

reminiscing music

My song is "mama tried". No matter what we think about our parents, they tried the best they could..just like we are. Unless she was really deranged, this should fit nicely. Currently my Mom is beyond speaking too, but I still love her...(why are her words so painful). I love family more than anything so this is my song.
                  Mama Tried. Waylon Jennings

Comment

reminiscing music

They did try their best.....I couldnt ask for more....They had ther problems too...back in the day....shit...i bettter go bed...

Comment

reminiscing music

Mack I don't now whether to laugh or cry mate. My gran meant the world to me. She became housebound and I eventually had to go out and do all her shopping. Me and her used to put the world to rights though in our conversations. She accepted me for who I was and never gave me shit about my drinking. I loved her to bits so it was so hard when she had a stroke and lost her speech. I lost my gran that day and only a few months later she died from the cancer that was eating away her brain. I think a part of me went that day too because she never judged me and always stuck by me through thick and thin. She was always there for me and stood by me when my parents wanted to disown me. She was a real working class Liverpudlian woman who grew up in a bar in Lime Street. She worked on the Trams back in the days in town then for the postal service for all her life. She never took a handout of this state and worked her whole fucking life. She knew what hard times meant!! Not this namby pamby shit these days! She taught me what's important in this life and that's family.

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h_8WfLbnVek&feature=related]YouTube - The Lovers Are Losing - Keane[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

Have a good night Macks, know your getting there slowly mate. Love and respect my friend. Hippie xx:l

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgWVQfjsLs&feature=related]YouTube - Keane - Try again[/ame]

I fell asleep on a late night train
                        I missed my stop and I went round again
                        Why would I wanna see you now?
                        To fix it up, make it up somehow

Baby I'll try again, try again
                        Baby I die every night, every time

What I was isn't what I am
                        I'd change back but I don't know if I can

Still I'll try, try again, try again

But I was made the way I am
                        I'm not a stone; I'm just a man
                        Lay down your arms and I will lay down mine
                        Reap back the time that we've been wasting

God I wish you could see me now
                        You'd pick me up and you'd sort me out

Baby I'll try again, try again

Comment

reminiscing music

My god I'm thankful I started this thread!!! I'm getting some things off my chest tonight even though no one is listening!!!!!

This tune Cucks will remember from the Inspiration and Motivation in Music Thread. I lost my dad back in 2003. 19th December at 2:45 to be precise. That day is upon me again soon and I'll be down the cemetery placing a wreath on his grave again.

So here's that tune again that was played in my bro's car on the way back from the hospital after I had spent 16 hours watching him slowly die after they turned off the machine.......... God I still miss him.

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5CbN4_D-FKc]YouTube - Paul Weller - One x One[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

Hippie, some of us are still here unable to sleep......... Ya, get it off your chest.....my dad died in 96, cancer. Was'nt even 70 years old. my youngest boy was not even 2. I can remember my dad telling me ....that boy won't even remember me. That was sad....but then at the same time he also told me..when he knew it was over ; Son, I'm so screwed up that even a Chinese Doctor can't help my ass. Ha! You take the good with the bad......IAD
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

reminiscing music

that was the upsetting thing though Ian. He reached retirement age and BANG gone at 65 years old. I was just getting to know him again after all the shit i'd been through with the drink. We were becoming so close again and it was taken away from me.

Thanks for listening my friend

Love and Happiness
                              Hippie
                              xx

Comment

reminiscing music

Sure, that's what were here for.....to help each other out. " Life's a bitch, then you die " isn't that the truth......My younger sister is messed up too, artridus, and some fucking skin thing. She can barely move. A woman that works for the Federal Govt. making good money gone to shit.....Shes not married so I quess its' up to me and my brother to take care of her when my mother passes. Hell late night makes your mind go to shit, does'nt it ? Ha! I'm going to bed.... IAD.
                                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X