reminiscing music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reminiscing music

This is not a thread to start posting willy nilly a load of sounds OK? I don't care about what sounds your into OK? I'm into hearing about a piece of music that has effected your life in some way and meant something to you RIGHT?

So I don't wanna hear about how you 'used' to be into this or that OK and this tune was fab etc. Couldn't give a shit to be honest. GET IT??!!

Well for me there have been many tunes at certain poignant moments in my life but the one that rings bells in my ears at present is this tune by The Afro Celt Sound System. I was at the WOMAD festival a number of years back and met a beautiful Norwegian girl who I ended up dating for nearly 3 years. This tune always remeinds me of that period in my life and how good things were and good be again. The video reminds me that I don't need to be 'out there' searching for the answers.............They're already there in my heart if i just open up a bit more.

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmh1cZQuXk]YouTube - Afro Celt Sound System - Persistence of Memory[/ame]

Please comment on future vids to come.....As I say this is not a 'free for all' OK I wanna hear stories behind the tunes OK. I'm a music man at the end of the day and that's what makes me tick.

GO FOR IT PEOPLE!
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

reminiscing music

Norwegian eh? We learn something new every day.........thought it was the Latinos that "did it" for you ??? :H

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

reminiscing music

You know I can't help myself when it comes to Scottish woman Star..........drool!!!!!
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

reminiscing music

Okay, my song is a little hokie but it means a lot to me because it was a special event my father and I did together. On 5/25/86 they held the "Hands Across America" event and I had signed up to take part in the event. When I was telling my father about it he decided he wanted to do it too. He was 76 years old and it was one of the last things he and I did together because he passed away a year and 1/2 later on 11/25/87. I still have the pin and the T-shirt from this event along with pictures of my father and me.

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eL5GrZScpOQ&feature=related]YouTube - Barbra Streisand & stars: "Hands Across America"[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

This reminds me of the night my dad callopsed when I was 11 or something and my big bro was blasting this out , even tho it was 11pm or something and the lyrics at the start sounded like a description of hell to me and I had nightmares all night aferwords!
          [ame= ]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

[ame= ]YouTube - david bowie year of the diamond dogs "diamond dogs"[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

Hers another...on a roll here..feeling better..
              This one reminds me when I was about 15 or something and I wanted to leave home and my other bro was a big fan of this album ....and the words...dont go back to rockville , I loved that so much cos the road we lived on was rockville and it seemed to be poignant to me...
              [ame= ]YouTube - REM Don't Go Back to Rockville (Live '85)[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

cuckoosnest83;448116 wrote: Okay, my song is a little hokie but it means a lot to me because it was a special event my father and I did together. On 5/25/86 they held the "Hands Across America" event and I had signed up to take part in the event. When I was telling my father about it he decided he wanted to do it too. He was 76 years old and it was one of the last things he and I did together because he passed away a year and 1/2 later on 11/25/87. I still have the pin and the T-shirt from this event along with pictures of my father and me.

YouTube - Barbra Streisand & stars: "Hands Across America"
                Cheers Chris. That's what it's all about for me. Thank you for sharing that piece of music with me.

Love you
                Hips
                xx:l:l:l:l

Comment

reminiscing music

I absolutly love this one...i THINK IT WAS THE FIRST PIXIES SONG I EVER HEARD AND IT JUST CAPTURED THE ESSENCE OF EVERY MOLECULE IN MY BODY....sorry , caps on!
                  I was gasping for mad shit to happen ![ame= ]YouTube - Pixies - Debaser.mpg[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

I have been trying to find the recording I want for here.

Let me keep working on it, Hipster.

I have a cut that blew me away when I was 18 years old. It "spoke" to me.

Youtube doesn't have a good version at all, it sounds yucky (is that how you spell it?)

I will find it and post it here.

It is the song the defines my life. Seriously.

It is taking some work to find it, though.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

reminiscing music

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PNF1a-ZG1uc]YouTube - Counting Crows - A Long December[/ame]

Reminds me of growing up, and is a song that my bro and my best mate have as our bonding song. they both live in N.Z so it reminds me of them, happiness, my daughter and all that is good in my life.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

reminiscing music

That is very moving o2.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

reminiscing music

[quote=one2many;448196]Ok, My dad was an alcoholic and my mother could not deal with it, so every night he came home with drink on him, she would flip out, scream, shout, attack him, hit him, until he could not take it any more and got up and gave her a slap.
                          I remember I had a little bike, I must have been about 4, the bike was blue and it had red streamers coming out of the handlebars and it had stablisers, we had an old round coffee table, when the shit hit the fan, I uesd to ride my little bike round and round and round the coffe table, convincing myself that the faster I went and the more the red streamers became a blur, it would all stop and I would be ok......it would just stop, it never worked tho, so I would pick my mum up and comfort her and convince her to go to bed and just leave it.
                          This song was always playing and it just reminds me of spinning round and round on that bike.

One that is so from the heart babe. Thank you! I'll buy you that bike with the red streamers again I promise!!

Love you babe
                          Hips
                          xx:l:l

Comment

reminiscing music

If it helps this was the tune that my dad loved

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o-bcwq6KJJM]YouTube - Charley Pride's Crystal Chandeliers[/ame]

Comment

reminiscing music

See One??? That's what I'm trying to achieve in this thread. Do you get in know???

Right this tune was one I started off with when i first decided ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH. I needed to get sober etc. I was still chasing at the time, I was in cloud cuckoo land to be honest but this track said something to me. I needed to get off the gear,

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DCg3EgMXmqs]YouTube - breaking the habit[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X