Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream/Nightmare??

hey everyone,

I am sure someone posted this somewhere, at some point, but it's ok to be redundant!
    I had a dream last night that I got wasted. I remember feeling so badly and telling myself that I blew it. In my dream people were telling and reminding me of things, and for the life of me I couldn't remember what they were talking about...I tried explaining to them that I hadn't been drinking...but it was so weird.

I woke up so relieved that I had not actually drank. It reminds me of those dreams that I used to have about cheating...so paranoid, ans so relieved when I woke up that it was just a dream.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

E

Dream/Nightmare??

I actually have them once every couple of months. It used to freak me out a little, now I just consider it to be my alcoholism testing me. To me, I can let those types of dreams upset me, but that just means that my alcoholic mind is making inroads into my sobriety program. If I laugh them off as a simple attempt to rattle me then I take away that dreams power.

Just my $.02
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Dream/Nightmare??

Totally agree with AAth. Drinking dreams are pretty common for people in recovery. They are scary to me, but good reminders... and the sense of relief when I realize it was just a dream is fantastic.

wip

Comment

Dream/Nightmare??

I posted a thread similar to this when I first came, was so relieved it wasn't just me. Was quite embarrassed with myself because I dreamt I kept a giant vodka bottle at work. I could imagine it as a cartoon drawing, you know like a dog dreaming about a big bone only it would be an alcoholic dreaming about a big vodka bottle. I dreamt about getting cans of beer out of the office vending machine as well.

I still have those dreams now, they tend to come in waves - I'll have around a month were I don't dream about AL at all and then all of a sudden I'll have 3 dreams in 3 consequtive nights, now they tend to be dreams like I'm trying to get hold of drink but not suceeding or dreams about getting wasted and drinking anything I can find. I'll wake up thinking I've been sleep-drinking or something.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Dream/Nightmare??

I think though, because it's a situaton that has affected us, the dreams will always be with us now and again. I still dream about being in school or college or at some old job from years ago once in a while. I've decided not to worry about it anymore - at least they'll serve as a reminder for the future.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Dream/Nightmare??

yea, totally.

I think it was just the paranoia of "oh shit, I drank and dont remember what I did" freaked me out.

Probably cause it happens (happened) so damn often in real life.

Comment

Dream/Nightmare??

I came downstairs one morning and had this sinking feeling when I spotted an empty clear litre bottle with red graphics on it on the kitchen work top. My instant thought was, 'Oh no, what have I done!', thinking I'd drunk a litre of vodka that night.' On closer inspection it was an empty bottle of Shloer Red Grape. A sigh of relief.

Comment

Dream/Nightmare??

I also dream about other people drinking excessively in front of me.

Comment

Working...
                X