• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I have a teenager!

that my option # 2

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

akgirl,
      First of all, he is being totally NORMAL! They all do this in some way or another -- he is separating and forming his own identity. Try not to look at it as a bad thing, but just part of the process. If he never went through this, you would one day have a big 20 year old baby!

Mine are 21 and 18 and I have a 3rd one about to hit puberty. (Whoo hoo! I get to do this ONE more time!)

Personally, boys are easier. They all separate and act like they dont like you for a while... all your sweet cuddliness is one day not cool to them anymore.

Good advice above.... just always let him know how much you love him, loving teases always made my son smile, and show genuine enthusiasm over their accomplishments big and small. Let him know you are his biggest fan! That I have found goes a long way. My 21 year old son and I are great friends and get along fabulous now.

You will do great!
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

i have a 14 and 17 boys and they are tuning out to be wonderful .. but they both can be two alittle butt heads too .. give your son the space he needs.. but hold the rope and let him know who mom is..they all go threw that at first and just be there for him .. they always come home
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

lol a k ,settle down, I have with my wonderful WIFE,,brought up 4,it is a team,effort,you have another half rt,in my xperience you have no xperience,none, till they turn 25,and even then you aint got much,i think there was a song ,hippie i no knows it,l ,let it roll baby roll,they do lose there brains at 11, not boys, but girls, you have a plus,sorry guys,

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

sure hope it helps gyco

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

AKgirl......I have 2 a boy and a girl that are teens......one boy that's 20. Yea aint life wonderful. You'll see as they get older they manage to come up with even more interesting crap to dump on you. Ha! If anyone has an answer on how to deal with them.....I'ld like to hear it. IAD.
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

Gyco;449221 wrote: you have another half rt
                Nope, just me. I've struggled for years trying to be mom AND dad. Up until now I could make it work, but now I'm getting worried. He is as big as I am, and when his temper flares...well lets just say I get nervous. (Although I have explained to him in great detail about military school and the fact that I am a parent not afraid to call the police if he EVER thinks of crossing the line) Which I don't think he ever would....and for the most part he is a real good kid, good grades...I mean, he is not a problem child.

It's just our relationship changing and his moodiness that has me down sometimes.
                :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

mack can u through money our way...we'll love you too...LOL
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

Hi AK girl
                    I am on my third and last teen thank god. I dont know if I have learned anything from it as you just have to hang on and ride it out and hope you both survive. I think the main thing is just not to take anything they say or do personally. They know not what they do! They are in a fug of hormones and dont know their arse from their elbow. I know that is hard especially when you miss being close to them etc. But rest assured they will come back to you and they may even apologise for being such dicks later on! I remember my mother saying to me when I was a teen I hope when you have children they are just like you - and she didnt mean it nicely!
                    BH

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

Bound to be tough akgirl...Like has already been said...let the lad do what he's gotta do...but don't let you get trampled on ...your the boss...I was never too old for a slap...Think my mum punched me on my 28th birthday(which is also new year) for having a food fight with lasagne in her living room with my brothers...I woke up the next morning with one eye closed and didnt know why...She said if i did it again she'd close the other one...

Mums are tough
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

oh yes I agree with Mack about the money - you can totally buy a teenagers love. Its a quick fix though as soon as the money is gone they hate you again.
                        If bribery doesnt work then brute force and violence is always an option.
                        BH

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

i was (semi) joking about the money...A big stick is far better..lol
                          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

A swift kick up the arse or a clip around the ear was what we got back in the day - and if you are still living at home at 28 then you deserve both!. Unfortunately you cant do that now what with global warning - all that the teenagers around here are like enormous giants these days. If mine fell on me he would kill me.
                            BH

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

(She said if i did it again she'd close the other one...) Quoted by Mack

LOL....too funny! The whole "I brought you into this world, and I CAN take you out" thing really works huh?

Thanks everyone :l
                              :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

AK, I raised a son and daughter who are beautiful, 37, 34. Son has 3 girls, oldest 15, and is going thru a NASTY divorce. I spent the day thru Grandmother hell with her today. I do not recognize her. Son & DIL have to go to court tomorrow because of her school absences (DIL doesn't make her go, son is at work and they tell him she went). He's finally had enough and because of everything else, he will get everything, mostly the children (mom is opening dating a drug addict). She had everything - no job, 4br/3ba house, 3 cars, animals, clothes, access to two vacation homes, the works, a handsome, successful husband who loves his girls, and she has turned the oldest into a beasst (being 15 didn't help!) So, maybe doing it alone is a small blessing. I can't give any better advice than what Hubs and I did; love them, take care of them, be involved in everything they do, don't believe ANYTHING they tell you and watch them like a friggin hawk!!!LOL (PS IT WORKED!)
                                sigpic
                                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                                X