Help! I have a teenager!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I have a teenager!

okydoky;449518 wrote: take his shoes off and give him a foot rub.
    Hhmmmmm...I'll have to think about that one LOL

Okay, I thought about it, he's giving me the foot rub!!
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

Eve11;449527 wrote: My son cried one night asking me not to get drunk like that anymore...
      Something similar happened to me...thank you for your post. :l

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

Bump for Christy

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

okydoky;449518 wrote: OK...AKgirl,
          I really think this will work....don't laugh!
          When you are sitting around watching a show or whatever....take his shoes off and give him a foot rub.
          I KNOW....sounds crazy! But my 13 year old son LOVES it and it's a great bonding time.
          Sometimes his feet stink so bad (like after basketball, etc.) but if this seems like a crazy idea, just try it.
          He loves it....I hate it sometimes....but it really works wonders!
          If you just can't touch his feet (my son couldn't go to sleep when he was little unless I held his feet) try to rub or scratch his head, unless his hair is armed!! It is relaxing, too, for him, and a soothing, mothering thing for you.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

Thanks for bumping this up, AK. I read it through again hoping it might give me a little insight. I bought Dr. Phil's book, "Family First" awhile back, I guess I need to read it.
            I love my 14 year old son to death, he is funny, smart, talented, friendly and he makes me so proud in so many ways. Why won't he try hard in school to keep his grades up. He is intelligent enough, he just doesn't give 100%. He says he just doesn't like school. His teachers say he messes around, or just doesn't make much of an effort. We've taken away privaleges, rewarded him when he does well, sent him to tutoring......His friends are on the honor roll--most of them. He seems happy, and no, pretty sure he's not on drugs or anything like that. Any advice for me??
            Thanks!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

akgirl, I have an 18 year old son. For some reason ages 13-15 were harder than 16-18 for us. It seemed like a lot of the insecurities got worked out and things were smoother in high school. Middle school -- yikes what a drag that can be, so no wonder they get testy.
              I found that watching carefully, and taking advantage of the moments when he actually did want to interact were really helpful. AND, the comment about pretending you like video games -- that actually worked around our house, and I got good enough at a couple of them to get some respect ...

I think they still need you, just in a different way.

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

Always, always praise the kids when they do even something small the right way. It always seems like we're finding fault, so it has to more than even out finding the good. At least I've been able to do this one. It's easier.
                Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Help! I have a teenager!

:bump: fo j-vo

Comment

Working...
                  X